Magento Forum

the new version does not have sample products anymore? 

lkbryant

Total Posts:  60

i just installed the latest version and i see no sample products.

was that intentional and is there no way to get sample data for demo?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Magento Team

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

That is correct - there is no sample data in the new package. We do intend to create some an import archive for those that wish to import sample data. More on that in the days ahead.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zburnham

Total Posts:  69
Westborough, MA

So a home page with the typical header and right column but with only “Home Page” where the content should be is expected behavior after a successful installation?

Magento Community
Magento Community

novalis

Total Posts:  266
Berlin, Germany

Yes it is. You can customize your “Home Page” through the CMS in the Backend.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zburnham

Westborough, MA

OK. A couple more questions:

1) Why is it so hard to find out what url you’re supposed to go to for the backend?  It’s unbelieveably poorly documented!  Every search result comes up with language like “Go into the backend, then...” without telling you where the backend is!

2) Now that I’ve figured out that it’s at /admin, through trial and error, it’s trying to redirect me to a https:// URL.  I don’t have a secure certificate on that machine, as it’s only our dev server.  Is there a workaround here?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@zburnham: during installation you should specify for secure connection:
Protocol: HTTP
Port: 80

Magento Community
Magento Community

zburnham

Westborough, MA

Wish I’d known that before installation smile How can I edit that after the fact?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

the simplest would be to remove app/etc/local.xml and go though the installation again, as you don’t have access to admin interface.

On download page choose “Continue SVN installation” as you do not need to download packages.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zburnham

Westborough, MA

That did the trick.  Thanks!

BTW is there an “executive summary” set of instructions anywhere?  My boss is going to be the one entering items and so forth.  I’d like to point him at something useful.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Magento Team

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Sample data archive for version 0.7.14800 is now available

http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/sample-data-archive-for-magento-0714800-release/

Magento Community
Magento Community

licentia

Total Posts:  78
Portugal

Hi Roy,

I’ve followed the instructions but I’m having some issues
I’ve created the database dumped the sql file and then proceed with magento installation process, everything seams fine, but nearly the end i get this error

There was a problem proceeding with Magento installation.
Please contact developers with following information:

exception 'Zend_Controller_Response_Exception' with message 'Cannot send headers; headers already sent in /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php, line 145' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/lib/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php:265
Stack trace
:
#0 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/lib/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php(131): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders(true)
#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php(305): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setRedirect('http://mascker....')
#2 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(332): Mage_Install_WizardController->configPostAction()
#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(149): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('configPost')
#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(166): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#5 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/Mage.php(411): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#6 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/index.php(29): Mage::run('base')
#7 {main}

Also when dumping the sql file I get this error message

[Execute Batch log]
Server
localhost
Database
mascker
Batch file
: /Users/mascker/Desktop/magento.sql
(2008-01-25 04:34:26execution started
(2008-01-25 04:34:39execution finished
went through 285 queries
5 errors encountered
Error at query 28
You have an error in your SQL syntaxcheck the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'UPDATECASCADE,
  CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_ENTITY_DATETIME_PRODUCT_ENTITY` ' 
at line 12
Error at query 79
Duplicate entry '1' for key 1
Error at query 84
Error at query 94
You have an error in your SQL syntaxcheck the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'NULLdefault '0',
  `attribute_id` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '
0',
  `' 
at line 3
Error at query 99
Regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

mascker - 24 January 2008 07:27 PM

I’ve created the database dumped the sql file and then proceed with magento installation process, everything seams fine, but nearly the end i get this error

Hi mascker,

Can you please replace app\code\core\Mage\Install\Model\Observer.php with the attached file, clear database, apply magento_sample_data_for_0.7.14800.sql again and run the installation process form the beginning ? There should appear more specific error message then.

Can you please also PM me the output of the following query ?

SHOW VARIABLES ;

Thank you,
Michael.

File Attachments
Observer.php  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 62)

Magento Community
Magento Community

licentia

Total Posts:  78
Portugal

Hi, Michael

I’ve replaced the file and clean the database, run the installation process, but I didn’t receive the error.

But now when I’m trying to access the frontend i get this message.

exception 'Zend_Db_Statement_Exception' with message 'SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'magento.log_visitor' doesn't exist' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:227
Stack trace:
#0 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(279): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(396): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('
INSERT INTO `lo...', Array)
#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(474): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO 
`lo...', Array)
#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(342): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('
log_visitor', Array)
#5 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(209): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->save(Object(Mage_Log_Model_Visitor))
#6 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Log/Model/Visitor.php(136): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save()
#7 [internal function]: Mage_Log_Model_Visitor->initByRequest(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#8 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/lib/Varien/Event/Observer.php(58): call_user_func(Array, Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#9 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/lib/Varien/Event/Observer/Collection.php(100): Varien_Event_Observer->dispatch(Object(Varien_Event))
#10 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/lib/Varien/Event.php(91): Varien_Event_Observer_Collection->dispatch(Object(Varien_Event))
#11 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/lib/Varien/Event/Collection.php(136): Varien_Event->dispatch()
#12 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/Mage.php(273): Varien_Event_Collection->dispatch('
controller_acti...', Array)
#13 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(367): Mage::dispatchEvent('
controller_acti...', Array)
#14 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Front/Action.php(27): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
#15 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(325): Mage_Core_Controller_Front_Action->preDispatch()
#16 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(149): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('
index')
#17 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(166): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#18 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/app/Mage.php(411): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#19 /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/index.php(29): Mage::run('
base')
#20 {main}

I’ve checked for the table, and it doesn’t exist on the database. There is one called log_visitor_info.

Regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Thanks, that worked flawlessly.

Just a quick question:

Would sample products ever be able to be installed via the “Remote Extensions” later on?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community