Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.6.0.0 rc2 upgrade issue

Thierry S.

Total Posts:  94
Paris

Hi all,

I’m trying to test 1.6.0.0 rc2 and I did a test upgrade on one of my installation:
I have thoses errors after the upgrade from 1.5.1.0 to 1.6.0.0 rc2 when trying to access a page.

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers,
Thierry

Error:
Mage registry key “_resource_helper/core” already exists

Trace:
#0 /var/www/test/app/Mage.php(192): Mage::throwException(’Mage registry k...’)
#1 /var/www/test/app/Mage.php(532): Mage::register(’_resource_helpe...’, false)
#2 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Collection/Abstract.php(533): Mage::getResourceHelper(’core’)
#3 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Collection/Abstract.php(519): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Collection_Abstract->_prepareSelect(Object(Varien_Db_Select))
#4 /var/www/test/lib/Varien/Data/Collection/Db.php(521): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Collection_Abstract->getData()
#5 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Website/Collection.php(137): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->load(false, false)
#6 /var/www/test/lib/Varien/Data/Collection.php(717): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Website_Collection->load()
#7 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(624): Varien_Data_Collection->getItemById(’0’)
#8 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(456): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initStores()
#9 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(342): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initCurrentStore(’’, ‘store’)
#10 /var/www/test/app/Mage.php(640): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#11 /var/www/test/index.php(80): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#12 {main}

--------------

Error:
Error in file: “/var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php” - SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1091 Can’t DROP ‘CATALOG_CATEGORY_PRODUCT_CATEGORY’; check that column/key exists

Trace:
#0 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘1.4.0.0.44’, ‘1.6.0.0.4’)
#2 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’1.4.0.0.44’, ‘1.6.0.0.4’)
#3 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(408): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(336): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /var/www/test/app/Mage.php(640): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /var/www/test/index.php(80): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#8 {main}

----

Error:
Error in file: “/var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php” - Column “date” does not exists on table “catalog_product_index_website”

Trace:
#0 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘1.4.0.0.44’, ‘1.6.0.0.4’)
#2 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’1.4.0.0.44’, ‘1.6.0.0.4’)
#3 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(408): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(336): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#8 {main}

------

Error:
Error in file: “/var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/sql/catalogsearch_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php” - SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1075 Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key

Trace:
#1 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.7.7’, ‘1.6.0.0’)
#2 /var/www/test/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.7.7’, ‘1.6.0.0’)
#8 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Thierry S.

Total Posts:  94
Paris

after letting it dying on a side and try to access it again, upgrade seems ti be ok.

I’m wandering if I should increase the memory allocated to php.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

Quick and dirty fix of the

Open the app/Mage.php and comment:
//self::throwException(’Mage registry key “‘.$key.’” already exists’);

Don’t use it on production stores!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Calypso971

Total Posts:  2

I Got the same error after upgrading to 1.6.0.0 final - when commenting out the exception, I got other errors, so I went back to 1.5.1…

Magento Community
Magento Community

tonkberlin

Total Posts:  30
Berlin

Turnkeye.com - 13 July 2011 07:45 AM

I updated from 1.5.0.1 to 1.6.0.0.
Uploaded 1.6.0.0 with FTP over 1.5.0.1. All files are overwritten.
I got the same error: Mage registry key “_resource_helper/core” already exists
Just deleted the cache, Opened Website again - And: It works.
Also delete the sessions!

Would be great if someone could post this bug to Magento.
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

olegator

Total Posts:  9

tonkberlin - 23 August 2011 03:22 AM

Thanks

Thank you man!

Magento Community
Magento Community

blasenbaer

Total Posts:  4

Hi!

I just uploaded my magento-mamp-folder to my webserver and I get the same error.

I also emptied all the /var/… - folders but still get the same error.

That should have deleted the cache, shouldn’t it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Jan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dimace

Total Posts:  28

I have a scenario where I upgraded from 1.4.1.1 to 1.6 and am trying to set up an NGINX server to run my stores, because i am just testing I currently have nginx sitting on port 8082. It seems to work fine on my development site but when I try to test the live site i get the “Mage registry key “_resource_helper/core” already exists” error every time, clearing caches, clearing sessions does nothing…

The only difference I can think of between the live site and the dev site is the way in which they were upgraded… I used pear to upgrade the development site to 1.6 and once we had fixed all bugs and were happy with it we pushed it live using svn switch, then the live site went through the expected upgrade paces, the above error was thrown, clearing caches fixed it for the apache served site but the error persisted on the nginx served site.... been stuck on this for weeks now.

I.e

http://dev.MYSITE.com Served by apache. Works fine.
http://dev.MYSITE.com:8082 Served by nginx. Works fine.

http://www.MYSITE.com Served by apache. Works fine.
http://www.MYSITE.com:8082 Served by nginx. throws above registry key error.

All settings are the same and used to work fine prior to upgrade. Does anybody have any clue what could be happening? The error log record number it throws doesn’t even exist even after searching the entire server for it.

I would like to get nginx working because there is such a huge performance gain out of it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

amrishverma007

Total Posts:  1

Hi All

i face the same problem after migrating the server for magento store from one server to another server. For this i re-set the database details. the details were right. but when i see the site in browser, the same problem was there. Then i cross-check the db details, i found that i changed the model from mysql4 to mysql5.

I reset the old model and found the problem has been solved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Online Selling Ltd

Total Posts:  14

Thanks

Deleting the sessions and cache worked for me, thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

I’ve had the same experience multiple times.  I think it’s just an order of operations thing.  The new code base doesn’t know what to do when it’s looking at a previous Mage versions cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community