Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Get grouped product id from child product

grazzt

Total Posts:  106

Hello, I’m using magento 1.5.1.0 and I’m trying to get the grouped product id from an associated simple product that belongs to the grouped product. I use the code below to do the same with configurable products and it works:

$product Mage::getModel('catalog/product');
$product->load($productId);
$configurable_product_model Mage::getModel('catalog/product_type_configurable');
$configurableParentId $configurable_product_model->getParentIdsByChild($product->getId());

I tried the above code for grouped products by replacing “product_type_configurable” with “product_type_grouped” but it didn’t work… Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

grazzt

Total Posts:  106

Nevermind, I had wrong variable names....stupid mistake! Anyway, in case someone else wants to do this, I post the code that works:

$product Mage::getModel('catalog/product');
$product->load($productId);
$grouped_product_model Mage::getModel('catalog/product_type_grouped');
$groupedParentId $grouped_product_model->getParentIdsByChild($product->getId());

Magento Community
Magento Community

hmm1985

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for provide me better answer this is very helpful for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrsdesigns

Total Posts:  3

I am struggling with the same problem.  Can you tell which file you altered?
TIA

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community