Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Issue with 0.7.14800 Version and Windows XP

Astorm81

Total Posts:  4

I was able to get the prior version working (mostly), but when I try installing the updates I get the following error during the installation wizard, specifically after I enter the appropriate info on the config section.

General error: 2014 Cannot execute queries while other unbuffered queries are active.  Consider using PDOStatement::fetchAll().  Alternatively, if your code is only ever going to run against mysql, you may enable query buffering by setting the PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_USE_BUFFERED_QUERY attribute.

I’m running the following:
WinXP SP2
Apache 2.2.6
MySQL 5.0.45
PHP 5.2.5

and obviously

Magento 0.7.14800

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If I haven’t provided enough info, please let me know what else you may need.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mateusz Papiernik

Total Posts:  33

I have just stumbled upon the same problem as yours. I have tried enabling the PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_USE_BUFFERED_QUERY tag in mysql pdo adapter in Varien library (it was commented out), but it didn’t bring any luck. Clean install with this attribute enabled also fails. Any help would be appreciated.

M.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GregC

Total Posts:  76
A^2, MI

I’m also seeing this same error.  I did a fresh install on the same server that is running 0.6.141 successfully.

I’ve tried poking around a bit, but can not seem to get past this install error .

GregC

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mateusz Papiernik

I have just tried to install Magento on my linux laptop, and it went through without problems. MySQL/apache/php versions are the same. Strange indeed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@Mateusz Papiernik: It doesn’t work with Windows installation?

If yes, people have reported that this patched file fixes the problem:
http://www.nolimitclubbing.com/lib_php/php_pdo_mysql.dll

Magento Community
Magento Community

GregC

Total Posts:  76
A^2, MI

Hi Moshe,

I have now installed the updated dll and the install proceeded. I was worreid about doing this at first because I did not want to damage the running 0.6.141 version that we had installed - also, I’m always wary of user submitted DLLs on my server.

On a side note - I did have to skip URL validation because the installer would never accept my Base URL setting (even though I was running from that Base URL wink.

I’m a little worried about proceeding with a undocumented patch to PHP to make Magento work.  Are you guys going to be able to address this bug before final release?

Thanks for all your hard work,

GregC

Magento Community
Magento Community

Astorm81

That patch allowed me to get a bit further.  However, now I get the following error on the config post:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1364 Field ‘old_value’ doesn’t have a default value

Anybody have ideas on this one?

Thanks again for the assistance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mateusz Papiernik

Moshe - 06 January 2008 10:13 AM

@Mateusz Papiernik: It doesn’t work with Windows installation?

If yes, people have reported that this patched file fixes the problem:
http://www.nolimitclubbing.com/lib_php/php_pdo_mysql.dll

Yes, I had the problem with Windows, but not with my Debian server. The patched dll file solved the problem indeed. What worries me most is where the problem lays. Has Magento database access logic changed that much from prior versions, that it has stopped working under the same server enviroment? Is PHP buggy or Windows, or is it something with Magento codebase? I hope it will come out during developement stage and will be resolved once and for all. Thanks for your assistance Moshe!

Mateusz

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

What changed is the use of PDO drivder by default for multi-queries for the setup connections. Before it was mysqli.

People are having random troubles with both of them, but much less with PDO, so we decided to try having it by default for both setup and read/write connections.
Now the only problem is that default Windows version of this driver has documented problem with prepared statements, and the file you have downloaded contains patch that solves this problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Astorm81

In case anybody else runs into the following error:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1364 Field ‘old_value’ doesn’t have a default value

I found a workaround/fix:

Go to MYSQL Admin and change core_config_data.old_value to be nullable

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeanCulver

Total Posts:  28
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Hi community,

I also had the PDO update problem, after the patch the backend works but the frontend has issues. I do believe it is of my own doing as i am trying to integrate my template and I am guessing the template system changed slightly. In any case the error is

Fatal error: Call to a member function innerXml() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\magento-zenables\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Layout\Update.php on line 269

If you could point me in the right direction I’d be much appreciative.

Sean

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

@SeanCulver: looks like you’ve got an empty layout xml file, thanks for the report.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mateusz Papiernik

Moshe - 06 January 2008 03:55 PM

What changed is the use of PDO drivder by default for multi-queries for the setup connections. Before it was mysqli.

People are having random troubles with both of them, but much less with PDO, so we decided to try having it by default for both setup and read/write connections.
Now the only problem is that default Windows version of this driver has documented problem with prepared statements, and the file you have downloaded contains patch that solves this problem.

Thanks for your reply. I haven’t noticed that mysqli was used before instead of PDO transactional driver. The case mentioned indeed seems to be a bug in PHP windows release. I wasn’t able to reproduce the same behaviour on other machines, which I have tried (I was poking around with installing Magento on my local linux machines, Debian and Gentoo, and also on some shared hosting services I own, to check whether they work seamlessly).

I guess that with such a big piece of software it’s virtually impossible to completely avoid “random troubles”, as you name them, with database connection, as they may be caused by limitless amount of factors.

Best regards - way to go!
Mateusz

Magento Community
Magento Community

jbludau

Total Posts:  19
Germany - Oldenburg

GregC - 06 January 2008 01:32 PM

Hi Moshe,

On a side note - I did have to skip URL validation because the installer would never accept my Base URL setting (even though I was running from that Base URL wink.

that’s the same problem i can confirm .... on windows XP grin

and the http://www.nolimitclubbing.com/lib_php/php_pdo_mysql.dll works fine, there isn topic inside of the wiki where the configuration for XAMPP and WAMP is shown http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/general/installing_on_windows_with_xampp_and_wamp

Magento Community
Magento Community

Diederik

Total Posts:  20
Belgium

Php bug report on this issue

The net mentions some work arounds maybe this is something for the dev team,

Unfortunately, the only work around I could get working, was to create
a new PDO object for each query (attempting to clone an existing PDO
object caused Apache to crash, but thats another bug for another
day...)

source of the quote

Magento Community
Magento Community

DOA

Total Posts:  12

@Moshe:

Is it possible to avoid the use of PDO as I’ve tried every method I can and this nightmare pdo problem happens time and again.... the patch file did change my pdo error, but it’s still coming up with others… eeeks… I hate PDO and I don’t even know what it is!!!!

Did somebody mention ODBC as an alternative?.... or, you seem to mention PDO as default… can we revert to mysqli easily?

Also, I have to say that I agree with all who worry about installing a dll file on their systems without any reference to who created it - there’s no info on the website about it - could have any kind of keylogger or trojan in it I guess.... who would know?

thanks....

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2