Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Products importing sucessfully but not showing up in catalog

andrewmag33

Total Posts:  11

We have run into a strange problem.  We are trying to import products, I imported a test product via profiles -> import all, and it can be seen in the database and under manage categories (manage categories --> category ---> category products) but is nowhere to be found when I go to catalog --> manage products. Search for sku, product id, etc returns nothing.  All other options left blank.

I am pretty stumped at this point as I received no errors when running the import.  Have refreshed cache and indexes.  Anyone have any ideas why this would be happening?  I’m on magento 1.5.1

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

andrewmag33

Total Posts:  11

I was able to get the product to show up with the following trick from this page.

Hi,

I have found a not very practical solution for this problem, that only works if you have few products, but at least you can confirm that the bug is the one I described.

At the backend, click at

http://www.yoursite.com/index.php/admin/catalog_product/edit/id/productid/key/yourmagentokey

Being:

www.yoursite.com= your url address
productid= the id of the product you want to edit ( obs: that’s the MAGENTO id, not the sku number!!)
youmagentokey= your key for the Magento Backend.

You’ll be able to access the product page, change its status to “enabled”, save and… voila! You can see it at your backend list.

This is not a practical solution though as we have a large number of items we need to import… is there a fix for this bug?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mpw5013

Total Posts:  13

I need this to.  Everything imported just fine, but they are not showing up in “Manage Products.” The products are showing up in the database and under “Manage Categories,” but there isn’t a name to any of the products.  Why would the name not import?

Image Attachments
Screen shot 2011-07-08 at 8.53.39 AM.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Franjillo

Total Posts:  3

Try to solve this problem this way:
If the problem is in the back-end, go to Catalog => Attributes= >>Manage Attributes menu. Click on the name attribute. Set the Allow HTML-tags on Front-end to Yes and you are all set to show ampersand and other special characters properly in the product name!
Also you can try to import your data using additional extensions. I have found one here - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/file2cart.
Cool and really helpful. I never had problems with import while using it.
This has to be helpful.

Happy New Year=))

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community