Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Unable to upload images

proxdigger

Total Posts:  4

When I I click “Browse Files...” to upload an image nothing happens. I have tried turning off the pop up blocker but this did nothing.  I am running lighttp 1.4.18, and can’t find anything in the error logs.

Is there a value I can edit manually in the database to assign an image to a product or category?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

proxdigger

Total Posts:  4

nevermind, it’s working with internet explorer, i was using firefox 3.0.3

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Wich version of Flash player do you have on each browser?
There’s a know bug about the flash uploader and the flash player 10.

--
Damián

Magento Community
Magento Community

Larsky

Total Posts:  7

The combination FireFox Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; nl; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 & Shockwave flash 9.0 r124 works fine.
For iE with flashplayer 10: didnt work. I downgraded Flashplayer to 9r151 and now works fine again.

Hope some of this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Buenos Aires, Argentina

If your Magento version is lower than 1.1.7, you gonna get that problem with Flash 10 (no matter wich browser do you get).
Since Magento version 1.1.7 that problem was fixed.

--
Damián

Magento Community
Magento Community

Naresh Vajawat

Total Posts:  47
India

I was able to do it before this. Is the issue with the Flash version .I have been using 1.1.6 for a long tie and never faced the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Buenos Aires, Argentina

@Naresh Vajawat

Flash 10 change the way that use to access to your local files (there are more specific explanations, but bassically, that’s the change).
This update generate the problem with the flash uploader on Magento until version 1.1.7 and Flash 10,

You got two solutions: update Magento or make a downgrade of your flash palyer to version 9.

--
Damián

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community