Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Different ‘extra’ checkout pages for different customers

zagrad

Total Posts:  8

Hi there,

The shop I am currently working on needs a different customer-specific-form to be filled in after or in the checkout page.
So for example:
customer1 one gets a question about how old he is, while customer2 gets a few questions about his company or something. I should be able to build and add this form somewhere in the admin-section.

Would anyone know what would be the easiest way to get this done? Personally I was thinking of adding an extra tab (step) to the checkout page, although I haven’t looked yet how hard that would be. Then I would also have to add some part in the admin-section where a customer can be linked to a custom-made-form.

Any ideas? Maybe someone has something like that already?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

Have you thought about creating multiple stores? one for Customer1 and for Customer2, then just changing the required fields.  Creating stores in quite simple in the admin panel.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community