Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Upgrade Conflicts 1.4.2 to latest stable (1.5.1)

hikertommy

Total Posts:  64

Hi All,

Due to Google Base being defunct, I needed to install the new alternative. This wasn’t happening unless I went to magento 1.5

As I was a little lacking (1.4.11) I decided to upgrade. I got as far as 1.4.2 and then everything broke.

Quickly fixed with 2 permission edits.

I then selected 1.5.1 and began to watch the results.

The majority upgraded but some didn’t. Most importantly, mage_core_modules

Here is the output when attempting it and before you ask, I don’t have access to SSH so no solutions requiring that please:

Checking dependencies of packages
Already installed: community/Lib_Js_Calendar 1.51.1, skipping
Already installed: community/Lib_Js_Prototype 1.6.0.3.4, skipping

CONNECT ERROR: Package community/Mage_Core_Modules 1.5.1.0 conflicts with: community/Mage_AmazonPayments 1.1.3
Package community/Lib_Varien 1.5.1.0 conflicts with: community/Mage_Core_Modules 1.4.2.0
Package community/Lib_Google_Checkout 1.5.0.0 conflicts with: community/Mage_Core_Modules 1.4.2.0
Package community/Lib_Js_Mage 1.5.1.0 conflicts with: community/Mage_Core_Modules 1.4.2.0
Package community/Lib_Phpseclib 1.5.0.0 conflicts with: community/Mage_Core_Modules 1.4.2.0
Package community/Mage_Locale_en_US 1.5.1.0 conflicts with: community/Mage_Core_Modules 1.4.2.0
Package community/Lib_Mage 1.5.0.0 conflicts with: community/Mage_Core_Modules 1.4.2.0
Package community/Lib_ZF 1.11.1.0 conflicts with: community/Lib_Varien 1.4.2.0
Package community/Lib_ZF_Locale 1.11.1.0 conflicts with: community/Lib_ZF 1.10.8.0

--------

As of right now, the Google API is giving me a ‘There has been an error processing your request’ but the bulk of the backend and frontend is working.

I obviously need this solved as I believe this could halt sales on the Google side, I have no Google Shopping and downloader is missing (accessible by the url /downloader only)

Any help appreciated.

Regards, Dan.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hikertommy

Anyone?

Regards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hikertommy

I don’t blame the lack of responses. You would think the downloader would be able to handle a jump from 1.4.2 to 1.5 but it obviously can’t.

It looks like no one has any idea with regards to this situation. I just want to go to 1.5 or back to 1.4.2

I didn’t backup because my host was paid to do that for me and the site is hugeeee but to my surprise they didn’t hve a backup saying I violated their ToS regarding inodes.

Typicalllll.

Regards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Did you try upgrading via FTP? i.e. download all the files into your root?

If you have already upgraded this maybe the last thing you need to do

Also did you open up your permissions for your upgrade?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hikertommy

Hi Brent,

first of all thank you for getting back to me. The site is www.casehut.com and i have removed the maintenance page so you can take a look. It loads fine but products are 404 (due to indexing) and categories throw an error.

Parts are accessible, parts arent. In the backend, its upgraded to 1.5.1.0 however in magento connect, it still thinks core modules along with a handful are still 1.4.2

I upgraded through the downloder from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.2 fine but going to 1.5.0.1 was a big mess and i now know that to be the worst method, hindsight’s a b***.

I did an upgrade in an attempt to rescue it to 1.5.1.0 via SSH ( i now have shell access) but there are still errors. In the backend, i get an error from flushing magento cache which breaks site, from clicking the google api, indexing products and no doubt some other parts i havent discovered.

To top it all off, i violated my hosts ToS and they stopped backing up the public html 2 months ago but failed to notify me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

1) You need to reset your permissions. If you are getting an error on cache you need to make sure you CACHE folder is set to 755 (I think you said you were on cPanel.) If you are not on cPanel you can set your var folder to 777.

2) If you have ssh access you can index your site from the root with the following command

./shell php indexer.php reindexall

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

One more thing, you might want to upgrade via FTP, this will make sure you have all your files in the directory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hikertommy

The ssh command gave this:

casehut1@casehut.com [~/public_html]# ./shell php indexer.php reindexall
-jailshell: ./shellis a directory

The cache folder in var was set to 777 so i set it to 755 but I fear that flushing the cache will produce the same error which sends the site into a loop of chucking out errors, the only thing that doesnt get affected is url.com/downloader

My hunch is the db may be corrupted and the magento installation isn’t playing ball as a result.

It seems a shame that I may have to abandon it because the site looks like its just a few errors but in its current state, its useless and costing me sales.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

hikertommy

Ok its late at night, I executed the comand after navigating to shell directory and got the following:

Product Attributes index was rebuilt successfully
^[[DProduct Prices index was rebuilt successfully
Catalog URL Rewrites index was rebuilt successfully
Product Flat Data index was rebuilt successfully
Category Flat Data index was rebuilt successfully
Category Products index process unknown error
:
exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[21S01]: Insert value list does not match
column list: 1136 Column count doesn'
t match value count at row 1' in /home/casehut1/publ
ic_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:228
Stack trace:
#0 /home/casehut1/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php(228): PDOStatement->execute(A
rray)
#1 /home/casehut1/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_exe
cute(Array)
#2 /home/casehut1/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->e
xecute(Array)
#3 /home/casehut1/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_
Abstract->query('
INSERT INTO cat...', Array)
#4 /home/casehut1/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(337): Zend_Db_Adapter_P
do_Abstract->query('
INSERT INTO cat...', Array)
#5 /home/casehut1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(170): Va
rien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('
INSERT INTO cat...')
#6 /home/casehut1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Catego
ry/Indexer/Product.php(727): Mage_Index_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->insertFromSelect('
SELECT?
', 'catalog_categor...', Array)
#7 /home/casehut1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Indexer/Abstract.php(125): M
age_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Category_Indexer_Product->reindexAll()
#8 /home/casehut1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(139): Mage_Index
_Model_Indexer_Abstract->reindexAll()
#9 /home/casehut1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(167): Mage_Index
_Model_Process->reindexAll()
#10 /home/casehut1/public_html/shell/indexer.php(158): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexE
verything()
#11 /home/casehut1/public_html/shell/indexer.php(198): Mage_Shell_Compiler->run()
#12 {main}

Next exception '
Zend_Db_Statement_Exception' with message 'SQLSTATE[21S01]Insert value
list does not match column list: 1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1' in

/home/casehut1/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:234
Stack trace
:
#0 /home/casehut1/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_exe
cute(Array)
#1 /home/casehut1/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->e
xecute(Array)
#2 /home/casehut1/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_
Abstract->query('INSERT INTO cat...', Array)
#3 /home/casehut1/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(337): Zend_Db_Adapter_P
do_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO cat...', Array)
#4 /home/casehut1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(170): Va
rien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('INSERT INTO cat...')
#5 /home/casehut1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Catego
ry/Indexer/Product.php(727): Mage_Index_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->insertFromSelect('SELECT?
       ...'
'catalog_categor...', Array)
#6 /home/casehut1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Indexer/Abstract.php(125): M
age_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Category_Indexer_Product->reindexAll()
#7 /home/casehut1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(139): Mage_Index
_Model_Indexer_Abstract->reindexAll()
#8 /home/casehut1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(167): Mage_Index
_Model_Process->reindexAll()
#9 /home/casehut1/public_html/shell/indexer.php(158): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexEv
erything()
#10 /home/casehut1/public_html/shell/indexer.php(198): Mage_Shell_Compiler->run()
#11 {main}
Catalog Search Index index was rebuilt successfully
Tag Aggregation Data index was rebuilt successfully
Stock Status index was rebuilt successfully
casehut1
@casehut.com [~/public_html/shell]#

I am assuming the worse. Its odd though because I can view products in the backend and even export via csv

Also, when I search in the frontend for products there is no 404 and i can view the product. However adding to cart is a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setEntityTypeFilter() on a non-object in /home/casehut1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Config.php on line 357

and clicking on categories in an error log page (related to the fact that I can’t reindex Category Products?)

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

Can you export your products in admin ?

I think you said you already ran the DB repair tool, perhaps try that one more time.

If you can access admin, then perhaps you could export your products and import them into a new version of your database.

The other option is to use your two month old backup of the site?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hikertommy

Haven’t ran DB repair tool yet.

I had a backup of the database which I believed to be intact so I had that restored. I was under the impression I could do a fresh install of magento using that database but this through an error.

Also, is the database friendly from 1.4.2 to 1.5.1 when exporting and importing sql data?

The backup from 2 months ago was lacking public_html downer

Im getting a sql database from 3 weeks ago restored. I am then exporting the product/categories and hopefully orders/customers/sales.

I will then import these into a fresh install of magento with a fresh database, will that throw any errors provided the db is not corrupt which is shouldn\’t be?

Regards,

Dan

Magento Community
Magento Community

hikertommy

Ok, small progress…

The database is shot, restored old one and pulling data from that into the new 1.5.1 gives me same error, so gave up there.

I am able to salvage the category structure via mysql which is crucial.

I dataflow exported the products to csv, then my aim is to go to the new install and import.

Now, this doesn’t work due to an “image does not exist error”. I checked the url and place it in the file structure of the url with in media/import (no avail). I then placed the full url that links to the image in the csv as a test, no avail.

I have tried a load of combinations but images wont import. This is the only part holding me back, once I know I can import products successfully and it will retain the same urls for seo then I will boot out the broken setup and fresh install magento 1.5, import the mysql categories, import the images and be back up and running.

Any ideas with images and dataflow?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hikertommy

Ok, small progress…

The database is shot, restored old one and pulling data from that into the new 1.5.1 gives me same error, so gave up there.

I am able to salvage the category structure via mysql which is crucial.

I dataflow exported the products to csv, then my aim is to go to the new install and import.

Now, this doesn\’t work due to an \"image does not exist error\”. I checked the url and place it in the file structure of the url with in media/import (no avail). I then placed the full url that links to the image in the csv as a test, no avail.

I have tried a load of combinations but images wont import. This is the only part holding me back, once I know I can import products successfully and it will retain the same urls for seo then I will boot out the broken setup and fresh install magento 1.5, import the mysql categories, import the images and be back up and running.

Any ideas with images and dataflow?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community