Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I find out if a coupon code was used and what it was? 

atang

Total Posts:  59

I have a few coupon codes in my store, and I’d like to be able to track what code a user may have utilized.  There doesn’t seem to be a way to figure that out.  (i.e. if I have 2 different codes for free shipping to be able to track what the traffic source was, I can only tell that a user used the free shipping coupon, because shipping was not charged, but is there a way to see exactly which code was used?)

Inversely, is there a way to see how many times a particular code was used?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CVinson86

Total Posts:  40

*bump*

I’ve been trying to figure this one out as well.  Any luck?
-CV

Magento Community
Magento Community

point4design

Total Posts:  104

Has anyone figured this out? Other coupon codes come through in the confirmation email if they have an actual discount. But if the discount is only free shipping then no code comes through so I don’t know which they used to get free shipping.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jhidesign

Total Posts:  23

Hi people,

I’m newish to Magento and find this forum at times very slow.
Not many replies of help at all! (shocking really to say how good the platform is)

If you go to ( SALES > REPORTS > COUPON )
You can find which coupon has sold the most, total uses, total discount sold etc
I don’t know a way to actually track each users coupon uses yet, might be a extension out there for that but probably costs smile

There is other ways I use too on flyers etc.. is by using Google Analytics.

I setup a landing page on the flyer - say http://www.yourstore.co.uk/flyer-name/
and you can then make a goal conversion and have it show in your analytics account.
Using GA_Tracking methods etc

You need to head over to -
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Analytics/label?lid=73b5b5642b441f68&hl;=en

you should be able to find more information on how to track banners, flyers other campaigns.

Hope this helps.

Jay

Magento Community
Magento Community

DeLino

Total Posts:  1

jhidesign - 09 March 2011 01:01 PM

There is other ways I use too on flyers etc.. is by using Google Analytics.

I setup a landing page on the flyer - say http://www.yourstore.co.uk/flyer-name/
and you can then make a goal conversion and have it show in your analytics account.
Using GA_Tracking methods etc

You need to head over to -
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Analytics/label?lid=73b5b5642b441f68&hl;=en

you should be able to find more information on how to track banners, flyers other campaigns.

Jay

Thanks for the idea but I can’t set up the GA tracker - can it be because of my server? Anyone had problems?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mudragreas

Total Posts:  1

Well, there is a way to figure ot which coupon codes have been used, but unfortunately not directly through magento backend.
Therefore, it requires direct access to your database, preferably using a frontend tool like phpmyadmin.

So, there is a table named “salesrule_coupon” that contains information concerning each specific rule, including row “times_used”, otherwise invisible to you by magento.

If you are not using a frontend that makes the queries automatically and allows you to export them anyway you like, you can issue a query like this:

SELECT *
FROM `salesrule_coupon`
ORDER BY `salesrule_coupon`.`times_usedDESC

Magento Community
Magento Community

eStonia_Agency

Total Posts:  26
London

Try to add it to confirmation email: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/221239/#t319411

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

The latest version of the Generate and Import Coupons has coupons usage report (including shipping tracking numbers)

Magento Community
Magento Community

kiminox

Total Posts:  2

Hi guys,

I don’t know if you notice but I found an issue with the coupon code use (with the shopping cart price rule FUE).
Look, you have a coupon code that has been created for only 1 time use by customer.
Now, open 2 different browsers (IE and FFX for instance) and connect to the target website.
Add products into the shopping cart : use the coupon code on the shopping cart page: you will be able to use the coupon on the 2 different browsers (cookie different). This is normal because the coupon is still not used really.
Proceed the checkout page “simultaneously” on the 2 different browsers: at the end, click on the button VALIDATION “simultaneously”.
Then the orders will be created, including the coupon code.
Voila, you can check into the backend: the 2 orders used the same coupon although the coupon code should be only used once by customer…
The problem is the way to manage the coupon code: the coupon code should be in state “booked” on the shopping cart. Then, other visitors will not be able to use it in the same time. If the member orders something with this coupon code, the coupon code state will be “used”: now, nobody else can use it (always assuming that the shopping cart price rule FUE has been created to be used once).
And there should be a cron job to clear the state of coupon code not used but in “booked” state.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gerard_de_V

Total Posts:  5
The Netherlands

I had some similar issue.
Checking which coupon code is used in PHP is quite simple: smile

$couponCode = Mage::getSingleton(’checkout/session’)->getQuote()->getCouponCode();

The variable $couponCode is now a string containing the coupon code.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community