Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 7
Free web-forms (contact us, support, survey) extension

rebimol

Total Posts:  78

VanGilsWeb - 06 July 2011 01:14 AM

Your extension is really great! It\’s exactly what we missed for our website!
Although we have some questions…

Dispatch event for approval. For example, you can reward customers with bonus points if you like after you approved their results.

Can you explain how this works?

You hook event observer to ‘webforms_result_approve’ event which sends result object as parameter. Your event observer checks result field , gets customer id from it and does its magic with any kind of reward system you are using.

Web-form code, field code, dispatch event on form submit
*You will be able to add your own functionality after form was submitted. For example, you`ll be able to create your own custom search form on the site, or use this extension for any other purpose you can imagine.

Can you give an example?

Hook event observer to ‘webforms_result_submit’ which sends result and webform objects as parameters then you analyze these parameters and perform your custom magic action.

Furthermore, is it possible to make a dynamic webform? What I mean is, that a specific field is displayed based on a specific answer?

ie.
the first question is: \"which action is required?\” the answers are: \"return product\” or \"trade in product\”
If the answer is \"trade in product\”, then the second question should be: \"for what product do you want to trade in?\”

I really hope you could provide us some answers… smile

Thank you.

This one looks like you need custom template for the widget with extra JavaScript which gets fields by id and shows/hides them as required by your logic wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Martin
Guru

Total Posts:  445
Brno | London | Los Angeles

VanGilsWeb, for Magento Event / Observer mechanism see http://www.aschroder.com/2010/01/magento-events-explained-and-a-few-gotchas-avoided/ for example - its well described over there ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

macroller

Total Posts:  6

Great extension! Is there a place to donate?

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebimol

I will release pro edition which will be mainly a further developed and supported extension. You will be able to donate by buying it wink Current 1.1 will stay free for everybody.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebimol

Good news! WebForms is now compatible with manager 1.0 and magento 1.4.1 and 1.4.2!  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebimol

Professional Edition is now available!

Click here for details.

Magento Community
Magento Community

puntable

Total Posts:  50
Denmark

Great extension. Like it alot, have been missing something like this for a while. Only one thing i am missing atm, and that\’s support for multi language store. Hope to see this one day-

Otherwise thumbs up smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebimol

fevis - 28 July 2011 01:58 AM

Great extension. Like it alot, have been missing something like this for a while. Only one thing i am missing atm, and that\’s support for multi language store. Hope to see this one day-

Otherwise thumbs up smile

Thats easy.

1) Create several web-forms in different languages for example: Contact Us, Свяжитесь с нами and Kontakta oss.

2) Place them on your page in multi-store mode.

If you see a problem here let me know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

InfoDesires

Total Posts:  12
UK

Hi,

The extension is very good. But I am having a small problem. The way I wanted to take a survey is by providing the answers as a image so the user has to select the image. I have given a sample image in the attachment. I thought survey will be more interesting this way. Can you please help me out.

Regards,
Thandra

Image Attachments
ans.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebimol

I don`t think this is possible to do in current version of extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

InfoDesires

UK

rebimol - 01 August 2011 07:18 PM

I don`t think this is possible to do in current version of extension.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. One more thing, If I can edit the front end then it can work ? If yes please let me know which files to be edited to change the front end.

Regards,
Thandra

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebimol

How do you want to modify the frontend?

Magento Community
Magento Community

InfoDesires

UK

rebimol - 01 August 2011 08:21 PM

Hi,

Please have look at the reference sight http://www.shoedazzle.com/stylist_surveys/registrations that I am planing to have. Let me know what would be the best way to proceed for this.

Regards,
Thandra

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebimol

To modify frontend like this you`ll need to modify template file in you theme
/templates/webforms/default.phtml

My advice is that you copy and rename it and then set your widget to this template

{{widget ... template="webforms/survey.phtml"}}

You`ll need to check the field code and insert your images with onclick function, percentage thing can be done with hiding and showing fieldsets in the right way.

Thats a high qualified modification that requires deep php, javascript and htm/css knowledge.

Looks like you got job to do wink

SrikanthThandra - 01 August 2011 08:36 PM

Hi,

Please have look at the reference sight http://www.shoedazzle.com/stylist_surveys/registrations that I am planing to have. Let me know what would be the best way to proceed for this.

Regards,
Thandra

Magento Community
Magento Community

InfoDesires

UK

rebimol - 01 August 2011 09:13 PM

To modify frontend like this you`ll need to modify template file in you theme
/templates/webforms/default.phtml

My advice is that you copy and rename it and then set your widget to this template

{{widget ... template="webforms/survey.phtml"}}

You`ll need to check the field code and insert your images with onclick function, percentage thing can be done with hiding and showing fieldsets in the right way.

Thats a high qualified modification that requires deep php, javascript and htm/css knowledge.

Looks like you got job to do wink

SrikanthThandra - 01 August 2011 08:36 PM

Hi,

Regards,
Thandra

Thanks for the valuable information. I am a student and this is my project I am suppose to do it for sample field like color and gender I have attached the screen shot of it. I just want to replace the radio button with images and the result to be stored . Please can you help me out with what code I have to change please.

Regards,
Thandra

Image Attachments
test.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 7