Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Invalid backend model specified: catalog/product_attribute_backend_boolean” Upgraded and now cant edit any of the products without error. 

WMechelle

Total Posts:  52

This is the error I am getting.....  Everything seems to work on the front side but the admin side of the products gives an error if I try to edit a product.  So.... It doesn’t work very well.  Any help would be great.

“Invalid backend model specified: catalog/product_attribute_backend_boolean";i:1;s:1934:"#0 /home/empbreak/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Attribute/Abstract.php(338): Mage::exception(’Mage_Eav’, ‘Invalid backend...’)
#1 /home/empbreak/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Abstract.php(157): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Attribute_Abstract->getBackend()
#2 /home/empbreak/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php(893): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Abstract->_setAttribteValue(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product), Array)
#3 /home/empbreak/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Abstract.php(647): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->load(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product), 10297, NULL)
#4 /home/empbreak/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(225): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Abstract->load(Object(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product), 10297, NULL)
#5 /home/empbreak/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(75): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->load(10297)
#6 /home/empbreak/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(217): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->_initProduct()
#7 /home/empbreak/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->editAction()
#8 /home/empbreak/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(253): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’edit’)
#9 /home/empbreak/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#10 /home/empbreak/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(340): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#11 /home/empbreak/public_html/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#12 /home/empbreak/public_html/index.php(80): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#13 {main}”;s:3:"url”;s:84:"/index.php/admin/catalog_product/edit/id/10297/key/9410774ae0c14a6fcc023451483b9f37/”;s:11:"script_name”;s:10:"/index.php”;s:4:"skin”;s:5:"admin";}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Can you tell me if you re-indexed after you did your upgrade?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dani_Roberto

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
I am having same issue. Any solution pleasE?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rafayro

Total Posts:  7
Islamabad

i don\’t know if its right or not. but i fixed this by deleting backend models (catalog/product_attribute_backend_boolean) in the \"eav_attribute\" table column name \"backend_model\".
even after deleting this one it will come up with another invalid backend, i had to delete the backend values of about 3 or 4 attributes than it all got ok.
hope it helps and its not wrong smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community