Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can you group products by manufacturer and have certain shipping rules applied for each manufacturer? 

Kratos

Total Posts:  6

I have more than one vendor and need to be able to apply the correct shipping charges based on which vendor the products are coming from.  Is it possible to group products by manufacturer/vendor and have certain shipping rules for each manufacturer?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mydanilo

Total Posts:  3

I have pretty much the same question. Just want to add a bit.

How about setting minimum order per line (or manufacturer or category)? I work with different vendors as well and I need to be able to apply minimum $ amounts per line/manufacturer. Is this a standard feature?

Thank you for your help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tjscgroup

Total Posts:  146
United Kingdom

Kratos - 17 November 2008 12:14 PM

I have more than one vendor and need to be able to apply the correct shipping charges based on which vendor the products are coming from.  Is it possible to group products by manufacturer/vendor and have certain shipping rules for each manufacturer?

This is not possible out-of-the-box.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tjscgroup

Total Posts:  146
United Kingdom

mydanilo - 21 November 2008 04:01 AM

I have pretty much the same question. Just want to add a bit.

How about setting minimum order per line (or manufacturer or category)? I work with different vendors as well and I need to be able to apply minimum $ amounts per line/manufacturer. Is this a standard feature?

Thank you for your help.

I think I understand your question...you can set this per product, take a look at /index.php/admin/catalog_product/edit/id/xxx/ > Inventory > Minimum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart

However there is no easy way to do this per category, manufactuer out-of-the-box

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

One thing I need is the ability to set a shipping method per product. I gave an example of shipping durable goods and perishable goods. Perishable goods must be shipped next day air while durable goods can be shipped in a variety of methods.

This system would do what you wanted if we can get Magento to implement it. It would allow you to determine exactly which shipping methods are available for each product and then let the customer pick one for each product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kmdot

Total Posts:  4

How can I use cart rules to ensure that there are 10 items from products in X category?

What action can I use, as I’d like to prevent cart submission and warn the user they have no met minimum quantity on “custom made” items.

????

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Kratos - 17 November 2008 12:14 PM

Hello! You can try Shipping Table Rates, this extension should solve that problem as the options you’re asking about are not used out of the box.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community