Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Arabic - Right to Left layout

sahaf525

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

I would like to make Magento in Arabic, but the problem is that Arabic is Right to Left language.
So how can I change all of these things??

Thank you....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

itay

Total Posts:  30
Israel

@ ohminu
to edit the files only in the main path “"app\design\frontend\default\default\template\page"”? or also the deeper folders (html, switch and template)? i’m asking because inside the deeper folder i dont see the HTML Tags.

and another question. what you mean when you say “skeleton”?

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

matarodi

Total Posts:  35

ohminu - 04 January 2008 09:49 PM

hello sahaf525,

I’d start by taking advantage of the HTML tag’s ‘dir’ attribute and just insert <html lang="ar" dir="rtl"> in the according place within all the templates in template/page/ directory where the skeleton templates are called. A good reference for this is: http://tlt.psu.edu/suggestions/international/web/tips/align.html

Hi ohminu

I have same problem and i don’t understand which file(s) must change? if possible for you please help me step by step for customizimg all page direction right to left for Arabic and Persian language.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ChefMaha

Total Posts:  168

ohminu, I followed your suggestion. However I faced a few issues:

- the sign in link became stuck to the welcome msg (I want to add a space between them)
-the only part of the page that was changed to “right to left” was the header part
- and most important of all, the english store view was also changed to rtl (I only want to change the arabic store view

how can I solve these issues?

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sara123

Total Posts:  6

I know this is an old post, but in case someone needs this.

You can start off by adding the direction “right to left” directive in the html tags using dir="rtl"
like the following:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="<?php echo $this->getLang() ?>” lang="<?php echo $this->getLang() ?>” dir="rtl">

You can edit this in the files app/design/frontend/default/your_theme/template/page/3column.phtml

and the other files you use in this directory (2column-right.phtml , 2column-left.phtml)
This should make the direction of all your text from right to left.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebAndPeople

Total Posts:  150

Please see RTL layout responsive Magento template:
http://green-rtl-magento-template.web-experiment.info/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community