Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layered Naviagtion bar dissappeared

Whiftoff

Total Posts:  1

Hi.  I’m new to magento and have suddenly lost the layered natigation bar.  The problem happened after i deleted my categories and recreated them.  I have root folder called Default Category, a sub category called cards with 15 card categories in it. After adding a number of new products I noticed the layered navigation bar has now dissappeared?  Any one got any ideas as to why this has happened?  Alot of the posts I’ve read on this are from a couple of years ago so assuming the cause may have been addressed in new relaseses.  Any help appreciated. Cheers Chris.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magework

Total Posts:  58

hi,
Its because you did not selected is Anchor to yes in drop-down in category section, for layed navigation to be displayed its necessary to select is anchor to yes.

for more learning view URL below.

http://magentosnippet.blogspot.com/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community