Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how to upgrade to the latest version? 

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

FIrst of all, keep up the great work. You guys are doing fantastic job on each and every release.
I really liked that built-in shell like gui interface in the installation. Very Neat.

Anyway I got a problem with performing an upgrade.

So if i have ver. 0.6.14100, what would be the best way of going about upgrading to the latest version of magento?

I have tried simply copying and overwriting the new magento files to old magento and I get this error:

Warning: include(Mage/Google/Analytics/Block/Urchin.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Previously, just copying over and rewriting the files was all I had to do to upgrade magento.

Is there something I need to know about? Or some kind of upgrade guide available?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kameko.rouge

Total Posts:  58

urchin is google analytics legacy code. the latest magento i assume has switched over to the new silly url-within-url, non-validating crap google code.

the best way would probably to wipe everything clean and reinstall.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@SimpleHelix.com: you might try removing app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/main.xml only

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Alternatively you can remove this from app/code/core/Mage/Core/etc/config.xml:

<main>
     <
file>main.xml</file>
   </
main>

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

kameko.rouge - 04 January 2008 10:09 PM

urchin is google analytics legacy code. the latest magento i assume has switched over to the new silly url-within-url, non-validating crap google code.

the best way would probably to wipe everything clean and reinstall.

I hate the new code.  I’m not sure why, but it was causing my Apache logs to fill up with errors when anyone hit the site.  I ended up downloading a copy of the js file and hosting it on my server.  All the problems went away.  So now I just periodically check to see if the js file has been updated, and I download a new copy if it has.

One thing I do like about the new javascript is that it’s compressed.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community