Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin not working! 

kullysupply

Total Posts:  48

Hello,

I was logged into my Magento admin section, when all of a sudden everything stopped working. I would click on a link, and the browser would try to load the page, but nothing would happen. Now, when I type in the admin path, nothing shows up at all. The animated ‘loading’ icon is active, but nothing is happening. The front end of the website works fine, only the admin won’t load. Please help!!

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  25

I actually just had the same issue. I tried to import a csv of products which threw some errors and failed, then everything locked up

Magento Community
Magento Community

I tried rebooting mysql and it seemed to have fixed the problem for me

Ran from my command line
/etc/init.d/mysqld restart

Curious of that works for you as well

Magento Community
Magento Community

I think there is a bug, if you enter an invalid attribute_set and then attempt to import, it throws an error and continues on. It even works if later rows import fine but then it freezes up something in mysql that forces a reboot to get back into admin; at least that is my experience (happened 3 x)

Magento Community
Magento Community

kullysupply

Total Posts:  48

Thanks for the info! I think that’s exactly what I did as well… added an attribute then tried importing some products. The import worked fine, but then the admin stopped working (the frontend worked fine).

Fortunately, the problem resolved itself after about an hour.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community