Magento Forum

Problems installing Magento on localhost with XAMPP on Windows 7

Subsurf

Total Posts:  58

Hi all,

a client wants me to set up a web shop, so I decided to use Magento. I wanted to set up a testing system on my local computer, but the installation just won’t work.

It always aborts after the “Configuration” dialog with the error message, that the maximum execution time of 60 seconds has been exceeded.
After the first encounter of this message, I set the maximum execution time in the php.ini to 360 (of course I restarted the Apache service), hoping that would solve the problem. But no, Magento seems to use 60 seconds, no matter what’s set in the php.ini, because I still get the same error message.

I’m using XAMPP 1.7.3 on a Windows 7 Professional 32bit computer and Magento Downloader version 1.5.0.0. Since I’m operating under serious time constraints, I have to find a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kandrew

Total Posts:  114

Check the directive AllowOverride if it allows .htaccess files to override the php settings.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cyberluna

Total Posts:  15

Have you tried running the magenta check?
http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-know-if-my-server-is-compatible-with-magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

Subsurf

AllowOverride should be enabled and as I could see in magento’s .htaccess file, it sets the maximum execution time to 18000 itself, so I wonder why the script aborts at 60.

I also tried the magento-check.php. Oddly enough it says I wouldn’t meet the MySQL requirements of 4.1.20 or higher. phpinfo() says I got version 5.1.41, what should be alright.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cyberluna

Total Posts:  15

I had a similar problem with Xampp and decided to use a hosted server to develop instead and had no problems doing clean install

Magento Community
Magento Community

kandrew

Total Posts:  114

Can it be apache timeout? What are you getting on timeout?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Subsurf

kandrew - 23 June 2011 11:42 AM

Can it be apache timeout? What are you getting on timeout?

The exact error output is as follows:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\lib\Varien\Db\Adapter\Pdo\Mysql.php on line 277

But I guess it doesn’t matter anyway. I rebooted after hibernate mode and just tried what happens when I refresh the Magento installation tab in my browser. Oddly enough it worked this time. confused

Magento Community
Magento Community

IndiaLinkers

Total Posts:  4
India

Magento requires to be installed on a host name with at least one period ‘.’ in it,

i.e.  http://localhost doesn’t work.

<a href="http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/installing_on_windows_with_xampp_and_wamp">Source</a>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community