Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

First Magento store - www.obascare.com

OBAS UK Ltd

Total Posts:  1

Hi Folks!

Just thought I’d let the comunity know about our first Magento store (And first e-commerce site)…

http://www.obascare.com

Currently has over 3500 products and took 4 days to get up and running. A tribute to how easy Magento is to set up!

Cheers,
Dave

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Hello

Hope you take this as it is meant to be given, the site is slow and you need to work on that, or people will just leave, and as for 4 days to get the site up and running, and can see why, its very stock, but nothing wrong with that, its just a case that overtime your site will look like thousands of others.

The nav bar looks a tad busy, no chance that you can get it all in one line?

I didn’t look round to much as the site was slow but I noticed one image really out of focus http://www.obascare.com/index.php/toiletingaids, (top banner) I would check your other images just to make sure others are not.

Again hope you are not offended Im just trying to offer a little help…

But its a good start and hope all goes well in your new ecommerce business smile

David

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

I agree with Jellybabys, but the beauty about Magento is if you decide to dress up your site you don’t have to re-do any of the data entry! Magento separates the design files from the core files so say in a month from now you want to redesign your site or purchase a theme from Magento Connect, its as easy as changing a few lines in Admin.

You did the hard work already, now I think its time for you to invest some time into making your site look unique. Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community