Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

home page

mcsolas

Total Posts:  18

Ive got a test install running and have created my first 2 products. Pretty easy so far..

How can I place these products on the home page?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mcsolas

Total Posts:  18

Thanks, I did take a look.. and editing the page area is no problem. Im very familiar with dw / xhtml / css.. adding tables, bringing structure in from an external editor wont be an issue. I watched a screen cast on it… so I see thats the intended usage for those areas.

What I am wondering about, is if there is any setting that would simply dump a product list on the front page. Even an add to cart button. That would essentially cover my needs for a lot of intended purposes. Our initial storefront is quite modest.. currently 2 planned products.

I haven’t seen this setting.. I did see how on the category pages, you can select in the combo boxes whether to include the products below the content area or not. In a similar fashion, I would like to ‘promote products to front page’ and have them display below the front page area you mention in your post.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@mcsolas: take a look here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1183/#t5538

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community