I’ve been all OVER the forums, read so many crazy posts about changing files, “jumping through flaming hoops”, etc… and always ending up with “no cigar”.
Well, after a moment of weakness of saying “DAMN YOU MAGENTO” on Twitter, someone came to my aid and explained a few things, pointed me to the right direction and made me feel like my worries are OVER (it wasn’t just the out of stock issue...)
ANY who, do you want to change your Out Of Stock message to say something else?!
It\’s ridiculously simple and only in 6 steps:
1. Log into your Admin panel
2. System > Configuration > Advanced > Developer
3. Click on Translate Inline (yep… we\’re almost done!)
4. Change “Enabled for Frontend” to “YES”
5. Go to your store\’s home page, or where ever you find those pesky “Out of stock” words and edit them by hovering over with your mouse and clicking on the book icon.
6. Start feeling like a total a$$ because you’ve wasted the same amount of time myself and a ton of others have in the past.
I\’m running 1.5+ and while I’ve worked with Magento here and there, I’ve known of people that have the same complaints about functionality and the way the people (us) have to go through all levels of hell to get answers. Not to mention how someone\’s fix is someone else\’s failure…
There\’s a lot of plug-ins and extensions out there that do work, but what\’s the use of getting them when you can make the edits yourself?!
I would like to thank https://twitter.com/rondata for ALL your help today.
OH! DON’T FORGET TO CHANGE IT BACK TO “NO” OK? m’kay…