Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A REAL quick fix to changing the “Out of stock” text to whatever you’d like. 

njsdaredevil

Total Posts:  1

I’ve been all OVER the forums, read so many crazy posts about changing files, “jumping through flaming hoops”, etc… and always ending up with “no cigar”.

Well, after a moment of weakness of saying “DAMN YOU MAGENTO” on Twitter, someone came to my aid and explained a few things, pointed me to the right direction and made me feel like my worries are OVER (it wasn’t just the out of stock issue...)

ANY who, do you want to change your Out Of Stock message to say something else?!
It\’s ridiculously simple and only in 6 steps:

1. Log into your Admin panel
2. System > Configuration > Advanced > Developer
3. Click on Translate Inline (yep… we\’re almost done!)
4. Change “Enabled for Frontend” to “YES”
5. Go to your store\’s home page, or where ever you find those pesky “Out of stock” words and edit them by hovering over with your mouse and clicking on the book icon.
6. Start feeling like a total a$$ because you’ve wasted the same amount of time myself and a ton of others have in the past.

I\’m running 1.5+ and while I’ve worked with Magento here and there, I’ve known of people that have the same complaints about functionality and the way the people (us) have to go through all levels of hell to get answers. Not to mention how someone\’s fix is someone else\’s failure…

There\’s a lot of plug-ins and extensions out there that do work, but what\’s the use of getting them when you can make the edits yourself?!

I would like to thank https://twitter.com/rondata for ALL your help today.

OH! DON’T FORGET TO CHANGE IT BACK TO “NO” OK? m’kay…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

njsdaredevil - 16 June 2011 10:09 AM

I’ve been all OVER the forums, read so many crazy posts about changing files, “jumping through flaming hoops”, etc… and always ending up with “no cigar”.

Well, after a moment of weakness of saying “DAMN YOU MAGENTO” on Twitter, someone came to my aid and explained a few things, pointed me to the right direction and made me feel like my worries are OVER (it wasn’t just the out of stock issue...)

ANY who, do you want to change your Out Of Stock message to say something else?!
It\’s ridiculously simple and only in 6 steps:

1. Log into your Admin panel
2. System > Configuration > Advanced > Developer
3. Click on Translate Inline (yep… we\’re almost done!)
4. Change “Enabled for Frontend” to “YES”
5. Go to your store\’s home page, or where ever you find those pesky “Out of stock” words and edit them by hovering over with your mouse and clicking on the book icon.
6. Start feeling like a total a$$ because you’ve wasted the same amount of time myself and a ton of others have in the past.

I\’m running 1.5+ and while I’ve worked with Magento here and there, I’ve known of people that have the same complaints about functionality and the way the people (us) have to go through all levels of hell to get answers. Not to mention how someone\’s fix is someone else\’s failure…

There\’s a lot of plug-ins and extensions out there that do work, but what\’s the use of getting them when you can make the edits yourself?!

I would like to thank https://twitter.com/rondata for ALL your help today.

OH! DON’T FORGET TO CHANGE IT BACK TO “NO” OK? m’kay…

Always my pleasure smile

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbert_ds

Total Posts:  4

This doesn’t work for me.

Is there any other setting that I’ve missed?

Norbert

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community