Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

upgrade from 1.4.1.1 to 1.5.1.0 - breaks everything and i am stuck

deathride

Total Posts:  14

Cheers,
our current live version runs without problems so far. Our store currently consists of about 60 categories and roughly 20000 products, from which about 700 are configurable products. We also have quite a lot extensions installed as well as using the \\\”market-ready-germany\\\" module.

After first trying to upgrade to 1.5.1.0 using the connect manager (which didnt work out too well) I created another test version (copy of the working live-version) and updated per SSH.

However the upgrade seems to break EVERYTHING and makes the store unusable:

- 404 pages on the frontend
- checkout seems to fail randomly
- I cannot save configurable products in the backend
- re-generating indexes gives me an 505 error
- foreign key constraints
- a few other problems

After trying to fix some of the problems for the last 2 days I have finally had enough now. I am not quite sure if there is any other way of getting this thing to run on 1.5.1.0. I am even contemplating to make a new install, install all the extensions, apply the theme and import all the data. But since we have so many different products and attributes/attribute sets I am pretty sure this will also create a ton of headaches.

Are there any recommendations on what to do next?

Thanks in advance! smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ebuntu

Total Posts:  245
Denver, CO

deathride - 12 June 2011 01:44 AM

After first trying to upgrade to 1.5.1.0 using the connect manager (which didnt work out too well) I created another test version (copy of the working live-version) and updated per SSH.

However the upgrade seems to break EVERYTHING and makes the store unusable:

After trying to fix some of the problems for the last 2 days I have finally had enough now.

Are there any recommendations on what to do next?

You might consider seeking professional help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

Total Posts:  386
India

Try here,
http://www.qubesys.com/magento-upgrade-service/

Magento Community
Magento Community

mamdez

Total Posts:  4

I had a similar problem.  I posted the solution in another thread and I am pasting it here in case it helps you.

I was getting the same error after upgrading from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1, but the site was still intact.  It was just not indexing correctly, so I could only see 404 errors.  The solution for me involved two steps.  In your case, first check to see if your issue is the same as mine:  To access your admin site try (your magento site)/index.php/admin/.  If your login page comes up, then try adding index.php to the urls of your product pages and whatever other page you are trying to view to see if you can open the page.  If the pages load, then skip step 1 and go to step 2 below.  If the pages don’t load, and you see a 404 error, follow these steps:

1) Go to the main folder of your original installation of Magento and copy the content of the .htaccess file.  (If you don’t have this file, I can post a sample to use.) The file may be hidden on your server so you may have to select view hidden files to see it.  Paste the contents of the old .htaccess file into the new .htaccess file located in the main folder of your updated version of Magento, replacing all its contents.  Save it.

2)Edit the index.php in the main folder of your updated Magento installation.  The last line should look like this:
Mage::run(\’$mageRunCode, $mageRunType\’);
If you had only one store change it to look like this:
Mage::run(’default’);

If you were running multiple stores you will have to plug in the store (ie. store1) instead of default.  I don’t remember the exact syntax but I have seen this on the help boards, so do a search in the forum or Google if you need more details for multiple stores.  I think it is more or less self-explanatory when you look at the file though.  Hope this helps.]

Magento Community
Magento Community

paniccure

Total Posts:  2

Yeah me too think you should seek professional help.That was the way to go buddy..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community