Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

upgraded but no products

MrBaseball34

Total Posts:  164

Installed a clean CE1.5.1.
We had some problems with MySQL versioning and the Magento upgrade process so I then ran through these steps to move my 1.4.1 data over:

mysqldump -u magento_admin -puser_pwd -B old_magento_1.4.1_db --tables magcustom_options_group --where="group_id = 2" mysql -u magento_admin -puser_pwd new_magento_1.5.1_db

mysqldump 
-u magento_admin -puser_pwd -B old_magento_1.4.1_db --no-create-db --no-create-info --skip-add-drop-table --complete-insert --insert-ignore --tables magcatalog_category_entity magcatalog_category_entity_datetime magcatalog_category_entity_int magcatalog_category_entity_text magcatalog_category_entity_varchar magcatalog_category_product magcatalog_category_product_index magcatalog_compare_item magcatalog_eav_attribute magcatalog_product_entity magcatalog_product_entity_datetime magcatalog_product_entity_decimal magcatalog_product_entity_int magcatalog_product_entity_media_gallery magcatalog_product_entity_media_gallery_value magcatalog_product_entity_text magcatalog_product_entity_tier_price magcatalog_product_entity_varchar magcatalog_product_flat_1 magcatalog_product_index_eav magcatalog_product_index_price magcatalog_product_index_price_idx magcatalog_product_index_website magcatalog_product_link magcatalog_product_link_attribute magcatalog_product_link_attribute_decimal magcatalog_product_link_attribute_int magcatalog_product_link_type magcatalog_product_relation magcatalog_product_website magcataloginventory_stock magcataloginventory_stock_item magcataloginventory_stock_status magcataloginventory_stock_status_idx magcatalogsearch_fulltext magcatalogsearch_query magcms_block magcms_block_store magcms_page magcms_page_store magcore_cache_option magcore_flag magcore_resource magcore_store magcore_store_group magcore_url_rewrite magcore_website magcron_schedule magcustomer_address_entity magcustomer_address_entity_int magcustomer_address_entity_text magcustomer_address_entity_varchar magcustomer_entity magcustomer_entity_int magcustomer_entity_varchar magcustomer_group magdataflow_batch magdataflow_batch_export magdataflow_profile magdataflow_profile_history magdirectory_country magdirectory_country_region magdirectory_country_region_name magdirectory_currency_rate mageav_attribute mageav_attribute_group mageav_attribute_label mageav_attribute_option mageav_attribute_option_value mageav_attribute_set mageav_entity_attribute mageav_entity_store mageav_entity_type mageav_form_element mageav_form_fieldset mageav_form_fieldset_label mageav_form_type mageav_form_type_entity magpoll magpoll_answer magpoll_store magpoll_vote magrating magrating_entity magrating_option magreport_compared_product_index magreport_event magreport_event_types magreport_viewed_product_index magreview_entity magreview_status magsales_flat_order_item magsales_flat_quote magsales_flat_quote_address magsales_flat_quote_item magsales_flat_quote_item_option magsales_flat_quote_payment magsales_flat_quote_shipping_rate magtax_calculation magtax_calculation_rate magtax_calculation_rule magtax_class magwishlist mysql -u magento_admin -puser_pwd new_magento_1.5.1_db

mysqldump 
-u magento_admin -puser_pwd -B old_magento_1.4.1_db --no-create-db --no-create-info --skip-add-drop-table --complete-insert --insert-ignore --tables magcore_config_data mysql -u magento_admin -puser_pwd new_magento_1.5.1_db

update magcore_config_data set value
='https://www.mysite.com/store/' where path='web/secure/base_url';
update magcore_config_data set value='http://www.mysite.com/store/' where path='web/unsecure/base_url';
update magcore_config_data set value='www.mysite.com' where path='web/cookie/cookie_domain';
Now, none of these tables were converted:
tables beginning with magadmin… (I think they should work as is but not sure)
tables beginning with magcoupon…
tables beginning with magindex…
tables beginning with maglog…
tables beginning with magpaypal…
tables beginning with magcustom…
tables beginning with magsalesrule…
magcatalog_category_flat_store_1
magcustomer_eav_attribute
magsales_order_aggregated_created

Why do you think I’m not able to see any of my products in the BO. When I go to Catalog->Manage Categories, I see the categories and can see the products that are assigned to each category in the products list but when I go to Catalog->Manage Products, I see nothing.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community