Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable options attribute order reversed after 1.5.1.0 upgrade

Isaac Chambers

Total Posts:  38

I upgraded from 1.4.2.0 to 1.5.1.0 and the order of the configurable options for all of my products switched!

Originally on the product page color appeared first and size appeared second (you had to select color before size).

After upgrading to 1.5.1.0 size appears before color. I can manually switch it back for each product, but this would be a huge task, and it wouldn’t fix it for new products.

Does anybody know why this happened or how to fix it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Isaac Chambers

Update:

When you go to create a configurable product, before you save the product the first time, the attributes are ordered in their order within the attribute set, which is the correct behavior. However, after the configurable product is saved, the attributes are instead ordered by attribute ID. So older attributes are always displayed first. The only way to change this is to manually change the order of attributes for each product individually, which would be very time consuming. Surely this is not the intended functionality?

I believe this is a code issue rather than a database issue. A 1.4.2.0 database used with 1.5.1.0 files reproduces this error, whereas the same database used with 1.4.2.0 files, the error does not exist. However, the faulty sort order displays in both the frontend and backend, so it doesn’t look like it’s a theme/template issue.

Not sure what to think.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Isaac Chambers

Thanks for the reply. I may do that. For now I’m sticking with 1.4.2.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

achung

Total Posts:  1

im having the same problem.  any chance you can share the work around?

Magento Community
Magento Community

xomero

Total Posts:  11

did you find a solution for this? I’m having the same behavior in 1.6.1.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

Net Assets

Total Posts:  12

if you know the attribute_id then run this query from phpmyadmin…

UPDATE catalog_product_super_attribute SET position = 1 WHERE attribute_id = ‘your_attribute_id’

I had same issue in 1.6.1 ... and it worked perfectly fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community