Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Attributes with units/suffixes

chfast

Total Posts:  15

Hello,

I would like to place a unit of a attribute with integer/decimal values somewhere. It can be generalized to suffix of attribute value.

Example:
Length attribute - value 10, suffix/unit: mm
instead of value: “10 mm”

It would have this advantage over storing values like string that values can be processed as numbers and measure of unit can be converted form one to another (Zend Framework has this feature in Zend_Measure).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MrManners

Total Posts:  15
Frankfurt am Main

Hi,

I know it has been a while since this was posted but is this possible currently in Magento?

I am new to Magento and have a customer with custom attributes some with units and some without.

Any help would be greatly appricated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darkthal

Total Posts:  14

I would love to see that in Magento.

Remember, however, that some suffixes must also have SI prefix. For example [A] stands for Amper, and mA stands for miliAmper, which is 10^-3 less than A.

So if you type in 0.001A it should display 1mA.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

If you want to search by decimal attributes, such as length, width, etc with prefixes you can use Improved Navigation extension and create sliders for such attributes.  From-To inputs or ranges (1-99) are also available.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community