Magento Forum

Products based upon area (i.e. length x width)

msullivaniii

Total Posts:  2

I am looking for a way to configure products based upon calculation boxes. It would be height x width. I would only need integers, so each quantity 1 of the product could be 1 unit of area.

For example, imagine a store that sold different size pieces of carpet.

Each item would be 1 square foot of carpet. The product page would offer two input boxes, height x width. If you entered 3 x 4, it would be (price x 12) for 12 square feet of carpet. Ideally, I would need the two units saved so I would know what size to send out.

I’m interested in this application for a printing website. I would be willing to pay to write this functionality if someone can point me in the right direction. Or maybe this is something that is possible using an API? I have an existing application that has a similar function, would it be possible to use the values generated to create a new product on the fly? For example, the application would output (width=3, height=4, price=12) and it would add that into the cart or generate a product page.

Thanks for your help,

Michael

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Flopy69

Total Posts:  124
Lyon

I am looking for a way to configure products based upon calculation boxes to.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Administrator

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This functionality is possible but will require customization. Not available out of the box.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community