Magento Forum

Separate “Backordered items”

CurativeWoman

Total Posts:  9
New York, NY

Lets say a customer orders 3 things.  I only have 2 in stock, so 1 of the items must be shipped later when it arrives back in stock. Is there a way to Invoice only 2 items and Ship only 2 items, but keep the Order open so that you can later ship the final item?

In my system, even if some of the items are out of stock, Magento only allows you to Invoice and Ship the full order amount. Anyone know how to get around this or change the settings to get it to work?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kunoichidee

Total Posts:  35

hi anyone ever figured this out? any module created for this by now?
I need this too!

That the customer can choose whether to handle the whole order together and wait for it to ship when complete or to ship the in stock items first and separate the back order to a separate order.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mnaeem76

Total Posts:  12

I am faced by a similar situation. I want to ship the available items ahead of backordered items. I am using Mangeto Community Edition 1.7. Since I am also relatively new to Magento, I played a bit with the Order management in the Admin. I was able to create a seprate shipment for items that I wanted to ship by simply setting the quantity of items not to be shipped to 0.

So items that I didn’t want shipped, I set their ‘Qty to Ship’ to 0 and I was able to only ship items that I wanted to ship thus partially shipping the order.

I

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeremytan

Total Posts:  10

Looking for the module to solve this issues without touch the code....Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community