Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installation and blank page

neoh

Total Posts:  3

Hi,
I downloaded Full Release ver 1.5.1.0 and I uploaded it to my server.
I changed permission of app/etc , var , and media directories.
When I go to mypage.com/magento it redirects me to mypage.com/magento/index.php/install/ and I see completely blank page.
When I go to mypage.com/magento/downloader than I can see a page but when i click “Continue Magento installation” it is the same problem like before.

Anyone knows why it happens?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Hello,

It sounds like there may be a server configuration issue, or the main .htaccess file may be missing. Can you check to ensure it’s there? If so, perhaps you need to adjust some of its settings to run on your hosting environment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

neoh

Total Posts:  3

Thanks for reply.

I checked it and yes, there is .htaccess file.

I also tryied to install magento on my home server (Windows XP and XAMPP) and it failed too.
I don’t understand why in my browser on localhost the folder with all magento files was ‘hidden’ (i just could locate it) and when I deleted all files from this folder it wasn’t ‘hidden’ anymore.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Knel

Total Posts:  183

Post delete - Post supprimé

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community