Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Different prices for different groups? (wholesale prices, etc.)

Gaston Gorosterrazu

Total Posts:  2

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael Laursen

Total Posts:  39

jwpadgett -> Did someone come up with a module yet?

I need to be able to assign a individually price to every product.

This means. If I have 5 products and 5 customers, I need the ability to add 25 different prices.

Thanks

-Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

d41m

Total Posts:  16

Also looking for a module that allows this functionality.

I have ~4000 products where ~500 of them need to have a specific price for a certain customer group. At the moment, the only way I can achieve this is to create ~500 catalog price rules (one for each product as the price is not a discount percentage across all products).

This is really not a practical solution to the problem.

There must be a way of specifying an alternative (wholesale) price for each product assigned by customer group.

Is anyone working on a module or core functionality to allow this?

d41m

Magento Community
Magento Community

kona

Total Posts:  10

bump.

anyone working on a module yet? smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

MrSmileyJr

Total Posts:  43

I’ve spent nearly a month trying to figure out how to do wholesale functionality properly. Its been quite a headache and it seems there is nothing so far. I think we will need to just hack a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nexus Rex

Total Posts:  139
Utah, USA

It sounds to me like what most of you need is multiple sites. Magento allows you to create multiple sites (ex: retail and wholesale). They can have the same look and will allow you to set different prices for each store. The retail store could allow the public to purchase, and the wholesale store could be limited to dealer accounts only.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MrSmileyJr

Total Posts:  43

this might help : http://nik.chankov.net/2009/04/17/creating-wholesale-solution-with-magento-commerce/

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Total Posts:  191

Can Magento apply pricing rules to the tier pricing? 

Like many have posted here - I have the need to show different tiered pricing to different types of customers.

I think I would like to manage all of my pricing in the “catalog_product_entity_tier_price” table and never show the price that is in the “catalog_product_entity_decimal” table.  I am trying to show different pricing for different customer groups based on associated customer group - and there is no customer group associated with the single price in “catalog_product_entity_decimal” table.

It seems like this will work (but I am open to advice here) but I am concerned about losing all of the pricing rules functionality if I do this? so......

Can Magento apply pricing rules to the tier pricing? 

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nexus Rex

Total Posts:  139
Utah, USA

@roco - I suggest you setup a test account and try it out. Let us know what you find out too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Total Posts:  191

I cannot find a way to apply any pricing rules to tier pricing..............I was hoping someone else had another experience.

What would the consequence be of hiding the price altogether from pages and simply using the tier price:

No price rules
no coupons

any others?

Magento Community
Magento Community

drazhar

Total Posts:  48

Has there ever been any movement on this? I am in the same position, magento 1.4 installed

Magento Community
Magento Community

shmk

Total Posts:  297

Add me to this problem.

I’m looking to add more then 1 price to a product and choosing the right one among them by user.

I cannot use a discount rule because prices are totally unlinked from the default price so I cannot set a default discount percentage or amount on standard price.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Steve la Magento

Total Posts:  3

There is a module which does exactly this here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Auriferous/extension/3757/wildcardbi_rulepriceattribute#overview

I have just tried it and, with some help from the author, it WORKS!

Magento Community
Magento Community

shmk

Total Posts:  297

Steve la Magento - 27 October 2010 11:00 AM

There is a module which does exactly this here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Auriferous/extension/3757/wildcardbi_rulepriceattribute#overview

I have just tried it and, with some help from the author, it WORKS!

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll give it a look. :)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Appmerce
Guru

Total Posts:  376
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

I need specific prices per product for EACH customer. So one product could have up to 1,000 different prices. Believe it or not, but it has to do with agricultural products. And each buyer has his own price-agreements with the seller.

Product X
Client 1: $0.25
Client 2: $0.38
Client 3: $0.19

and so on.

These prices are available through XML. I was thinking of loading this XML when a client logs in. Then swap the prices for the current logged in user. But what happens to the order in the admin? Would it show my adapted prices?

Is t here an existing solutions for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4