Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
Upgrade to 1.5.1.0 stable - Admin Order Creation not working… Unable to add products

mmc1002

Total Posts:  6

Found the solution after spending several days pouring through, and implementing literally dozens of ultimately futile suggestions. The answer was in the Release Notes for Ver 1.6.1 buried deep in the FIXES section....

From backend admin go to Sys >Config > Tax > Calculation Settings

changed from ORIGINAL PRICE
to ‘CUSTOM PRICE IF AVAILABLE’

voila!

Hope this helps others smile

Running Magento version 1.6.1 with no mods installed yet

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

juju83

Total Posts:  4

Flipmedia - 28 June 2011 10:14 AM

SOLVED [NikolaiDante] Please read carefully and be warned, I am yet to test if this “fix” impacts on anything / any other function…

I reviewed NikolaiDante fix...

The inclusion of extjs/ext-tree.js is part of the core build and the inclusion of this javascript file is performed via:

/magento/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/layout/main.xml

This is also the file that must be edited to implement this fix…

As pointed out by NikolaiDante, the xml config that includes this file must have an if condition… As my install was completely fresh my build did have the apprioprate “if” condition… As follows:

<action method="addItem"><type>js</type><name>extjs/ext-tree.js</name><params/><if/><condition>can_load_ext_js</condition></action>

In order to get this to work / exclude the ext-tree.js from the areas of the admin interface where it is not required, I change the shorthand xml if condition to a longhand (Note the <if> part below)… As follows:

<action method="addItem"><type>js</type><name>extjs/ext-tree.js</name><params/><if><condition>can_load_ext_js</condition></if></action>

Clear / refresh cache for configurtion / xml layout…

Please note: This appears to work in that, extjs/ext-tree.js is not included in the head of the create order admin page and products can now be added to the order table. I am yet to completely test this and with no documentation with regard to where ext-tree.js is required, it is a little diffcult to tell if it is being included where it should be.

It may be that it is being excluded from everywhere following this change… In turn this may break another part of the admin interface!

Thanks it solved my issue !

Magento Community
Magento Community

jcgzwtrhs

Total Posts:  18

<action method="addItem"><type>js</type><name>extjs/ext-tree.js</name><params/><if><condition>can_load_ext_js</condition></if></action>

This is working for me, too. I found it in some more XML Files from other Extension. So you have to search for “extjs/ext-tree.js”.

Good luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3