Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Authorize.Net Direct Post Missing in admin after upgrade to 1.5.1

flavormed

Total Posts:  25

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded to 1.5.1 from 1.5.0 and I’m not able to get to the payment screen (throws an error and sends me back to the cart page). It’s a bit like this post: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/229495/. I did try reuploading some folders (app and lib) however that did nothing.

Authorize.Net Direct Post is missing in the backend after the upgrade for some reason (I’ve been doing some testing with it as it will be live soon). Attached is the error file from the problem I’m experiencing.

edit: my website is flavorofmed.com

I appreciate all the help I can get.
-Pete

P.S. Is anyone missing Amazon payments in 1.5 as well that seems to have disappeared after upgrading from 1.4 -> 1.5 ?

File Attachments
696561904093.txt  (File Size: 4KB - Downloads: 468)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

flavormed

Update: Problem still exists. I currently remedied it by finding the “payment/authorizenet_directpost/active” value in the core_config_data table and changing it from a ‘1’ to a ‘0’ (inactive). So that allows checkout to go on to the payment page. However, I still do not have Authorize.net Direct Post in the backend configuration section.

Magento Community
Magento Community

flavormed

I found the file permissions were set to 666 and folders were set to 777 which I don’t like so I changed them but still to no avail. I would greatly appreciate it if someone or some people could please help me out. I’m having quite a few people asking me for the credit card option because they don’t want to use PayPal. If any further info is needed I will provide it.

I even tried reinstalling the core modules through Magento Connect - that did nothing either.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Pete

Magento Community
Magento Community

flavormed

When the Direct Post module was enabled in the database (before I went in to disable it so that checkout can continue), I had this error coming up:

a:5:{i:0;s:40:\"Cannot retrieve payment method instance.\";i:1;s:2956:\"#0 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Model/Info.php(83): Mage::throwException(\'Cannot retrieve...\')
#1 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Payment.php(163): Mage_Payment_Model_Info->getMethodInstance()
#2 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Block/Info/Container.php(60): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Payment->getMethodInstance()
#3 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Block/Info/Container.php(45): Mage_Payment_Block_Info_Container->_getInfoBlockName()
#4 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(223): Mage_Payment_Block_Info_Container->_prepareLayout()
#5 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(430): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->setLayout(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout))
#6 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(446): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock(\'checkout/onepag...\', \'payment_info\')
#7 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(238): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->addBlock(\'checkout/onepag...\', \'payment_info\')
#8 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(204): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateBlock(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#9 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(205): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#10 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(345): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#11 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(270): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#12 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php(186): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout(false)
#13 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(420): Mage_Checkout_OnepageController->progressAction()
#14 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(253): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(\'progress\')
#15 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#16 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(340): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#17 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/app/Mage.php(627): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#18 /hsphere/local/home/kebeid/flavorofmed.com/index.php(80): Mage::run(\'\', \'store\')
#19 {main}\"
;s:3:\"url\";s:37:\"/index.php/checkout/onepage/progress/\";s:11:\"script_name\";s:10:\"/index.php\";s:4:\"skin\";s:7:\"default\";}

Magento Community
Magento Community

flavormed

Hmm I don’t think this is a file related issue. I think its a database problem. I just reinstalled Magento using the same db that I had previously and nothing changed (Direct Post is still missing).

Any ideas on what could be wrong with the database?

-Pete

Magento Community
Magento Community

flavormed

Update: I looked at the database entries for Direct Post and they are the same as a newly installed Magento. So, this is something with the files. I still cannot understand why the regular Authorize.net appears but the Direct Post does not appear in the configuration page in the admin. Any insights are much appreciated.

Pete

Magento Community
Magento Community

flavormed

I don’t think my issue is that big that I would need a service to fix it - my site works fine otherwise. I would rather fix it myself with the help of this wonderful Magento community.

-Pete

Magento Community
Magento Community

flavormed

I fixed it !! I was missing app\etc\modules\Mage_Authorizenet.xml in my installation. A 2 KB file was causing this problem!!  shut eye

Moderator please close this thread, Thank you.

Pete

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community