Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Invalid model for shipping method: tablerate5 ……….. anyone care to guess what this error means? 

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

This is what i get when i go to view invoice page in the admin.....(i did a view source on it btw since invoice page generated about halfway and seem to have cut off)

<tbody id="track_row_container">
        <
tr id="track_row_template" class="template no-display">
            <
td>
                <
select name="tracking[__index__][carrier_code]" class="select carrier" style="width:110px;" disabled="disabled">
                    <
pre>Invalid model for shipping methodtablerate5

#0 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Config.php(90): Mage::exception('Mage_Shipping', 'Invalid model f...')
#1 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Config.php(61): Mage_Shipping_Model_Config->_getCarrier('tablerate5', Array)
#2 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Sales/Order/Invoice/Create/Tracking.php(89): Mage_Shipping_Model_Config->getAllCarriers('1')
#3 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/sales/order/invoice/create/tracking.phtml(88): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Sales_Order_Invoice_Create_Tracking->getCarriers()
#4 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/home/buggy/dom...')
#5 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#6 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#7 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#8 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#9 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('tracking', false)
#10 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/sales/order/invoice/create/form.phtml(79): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('tracking', false)
#11 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/home/buggy/dom...')
#12 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#13 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#14 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#15 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#16 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('form', true)
#17 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Form/Container.php(103): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('form')
#18 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/widget/form/container.phtml(32): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Form_Container->getFormHtml()
#19 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/home/buggy/dom...')
#20 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#21 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#22 /home/buggy/domains/xxx.xxx.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

i take it this is going to be one of those questions that never gets answered -_-

Magento Community
Magento Community

Leo27

Total Posts:  127

Hi SImpleHelix.com,

did you solve, or find anything about your problem?

I’m having a similar problem, but with multishipping as you can see http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/26638/ ...

I’ts really weird because it doesn’t happen all the times…

Best regards
L. Nunes

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzentrale1
Guru

Total Posts:  731
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi helix,

there must be a community shipmentmodul installed with the key tablerate5. For this module theres no vaild model available smile!

Cheers

Stefan

Magento Community
Magento Community

yourlink

Total Posts:  26

I have the same problem and it is calling it “freeoptionalshipping”

How do I find and remove this so that I can invoice?

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

You get this problem if you remove an extension manually, or the extension doesn’t clean up properly behind itself (which most don’t).

To remedy in phpmyadmin do the following:

delete FROM `core_config_data` WHERE path like “carriers/<shipping_name>%”

replacing <shipping_name> with the error name you have received e.g.

delete FROM `core_config_data` WHERE path like “carriers/freeoptionalshipping%”

Suggest you make sure you understand what you are doing before running commands like this, and take a backup of your db if in any doubt, as it could screw up your db if you do it wrong!! wink

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community