Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Main Menu Buttons and Drop Downs Not Working in My Admin

nadshez

Total Posts:  48

I have a fresh install of v1.4.1.1 on a staging server. I have tried everything .. 0644 & 0755 js/index.php .. ALL files & subfolders in js to 0755 .. nothing seems to work. My categories show but the dropdown does not work. Admin area is fine though.  Everything seems to be working fine on the local server though. Right now, js folder has the following file permissions

js - 0755
js/index/php - 0644

ALL other files & subfolders in js - 0755

I have tried reindexing after changing the file permissions but it does not help. Cache is already disabled. Have even tried creating a new root category & moving all the categories to the new root category & then assigning the new root category using System -> Manage Stores -> Main Website Store, as suggesting on another thread but it does not work either.

I am really lost here & could use some help. Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nadshez

Total Posts:  48

My problem got solved. Thanks to bitzen. Have a look at this

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/202251/

Hope this helps someone else.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blingbob

Total Posts:  1

I dont have a solution besides reinstalling the JS folder, but noted this.

In FF my frontend site seemed to stop reading the template folder, and the admin panels menu stopped working.
I opened the IE browser and everything works fine there, both frontend and admin side.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ketaki

Total Posts:  8

i was tried all above solutions but not helpful for me.......

dashboard working but not other menu of menu bar…

menu not accessible ......and all link r not working .....:(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2