Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal error: Undefined class constant ‘COOKIE_NAME’ in //app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 545 after upgrade to 1.5

pascal2

Total Posts:  1

After upgrade to 1.5
I get :

Fatal error: Undefined class constant \’COOKIE_NAME\’ in //app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 545

Anyone has seen this error?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dlw

Total Posts:  27

Sorry not a fix but just to say I get this as well, any body got a fix?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hix

Total Posts:  6

hi,
i had the same error. please have a look in your app/code/local folder. i have solved the problem by removing the file from app/code/local/Mage/Core/Model/Store.php

this file has changed in the new version of magento.

kindest regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

Confirmed, create company module with model override to extend the function you’ve modified in app/code/local/Mage/*. Use this company module instead of copying the whole file to app/code/local/Mage/*. This allows you to rewrite just the function that’s been changed, instead of rewriting the whole model, . On the next upgrade, you’re home free unless that function has changed.

This all works except in app/code/local/Mage/Core/* as core is the heart of Mage app and your modules won’t override anything in it.

Typically on the Store.php model the function roundPrice() has been modifed to round to 3 or 4 decimals instead of 2 for reducing sales tax round errors.

For anything in Mage/Core/ you will have to keep track of the changes and rewrite the php files every time you do an upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community