Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help with Products

paulhunt08

Total Posts:  1

Hello, first, I am totally new to magento and have been reading as much as I can. Hopefully someone can answer this question for me.

I sell car wheels. For simplicity I only sell wheels WheelA and WheelB. Based on the model of car you have, selecting the year, make and then model, I want to show either WheelA or WheelB. But WheelA also fits on several other cars too. So it’s a many-to-many type of relationship. There will be many types of cars in my system and many types of wheels. Depending on what the user selects, wheel or car, I want to be able to show a certain, pertinent set of results.

Is this kind of setup and configuration pretty easy to do within magento?
Thanks a lot, hope that makes sense.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

As far as I know it is not supported by default, however you can configure Product filter, so that your customers will be able to sort products by model, wheel type, etc.

Feel free to contact us if you need any help with it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community