Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t backup - timeout or 500 error

nomi

Total Posts:  36

I can’t make any backups of Magento at all. Not from the admin panel or phpmyadmin. I tried upping the memory limits really high in .htaccess and php.ini, but that didn’t help. It would just go to a 500 page instead of a timeout error.

This is frustrating because I’d like to upgrade the site, but don’t want to do it without a backup first. And the site search isn’t returning any results, which is pretty much why I’d like to upgrade. So, it’s one issue after another.

Is there anything I can clean up in the database that would make it smaller? The shop has actually only got like 50 products, so I don’t know why it’s so heavy anyway.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rui Gonçalves

Total Posts:  8

I second this,

I can’t also make a db backup from the admin panel. In MySqlAdmin it takes 15 seconds to export all database, but in Magento Admin it takes more than 60 seconds and gives me a timeout.

When it is backing up the frontend frozen s has well.

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

benz001

Total Posts:  238
Sydney

You need your host to change some server settings see:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/31220/

Magento Community
Magento Community