Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Home Page only 404 Error

AndySmiff

Total Posts:  7

Hello,

I am developing a Magento site at the moment and all is working apart from one issue that has stuck me.

The home page shows as a 404 error but all other pages work fine. Rewrites are enable, my hosting provider supports this and it hasn\\\\\\\’t ever been an issue. The .htaccess appears to be set up correctly and there are no obvious errors.

But the home page still shows a 404 error!? I have trawled through previous posts, blogs etc and tried everything mentioned that I could find previously but nothing is relevant or working fro me.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what I could try?

I am running the latest version of Magento Community on a sub domain at http://bit.ly/iGCcWO if anyone needs to taker a look.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Andy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TRMMarketing

Total Posts:  145

Couple things come to mind as to what it could be.

Firstly if you have a multi-store setup go into the CMS>pages and ensure the homepage is selected for appearing in your store view in the multi-select and that the page is enabled.

Secondly go to System>configuration>web>default pages and make sure you have the right CMS page selected.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

AndySmiff

Total Posts:  7

Hi , thanks for the heads up. I checked through the mentioned points but no luck.

The index.php has the following

/* Store or website code */
$mageRunCode = isset($_SERVER[\'MAGE_RUN_CODE\']) ? $_SERVER[\'MAGE_RUN_CODE\''';

/* Run store or run website */
$mageRunType = isset($_SERVER[\'MAGE_RUN_TYPE\']) ? $_SERVER[\'MAGE_RUN_TYPE\'\'store\';

Mage::run($mageRunCode$mageRunType);

The default store code is “base” and the site is installed on a sub domain but doesn’t have multiple stores setup.

Any idea what the problem is by any chance?

Cheers,

Andy

Magento Community
Magento Community

llclj

Total Posts:  5

Did you figure this out?

I am having the same issue.  When I booted up this morning, I’m getting a 404 on the home page.

Other pages load fine through the nav bar.

I went into system -> config -> web -> Default Pages and changed the CMS No Route Page to “about us”.  When I re-loaded the home page, the about us page was shown. So? what does that tell me?  I checked CMS -> pages and the home page has the right url and is set to all store views.

edited to add I searched again for “home page 404” and found quite a few threads but no resolution.  One poster said “If I go directly to the CMS page (domain.com/home), the page loads fine.” This is also true of my installation.

I have installed on localhost and all was fine last night when I shut down.

Thanks
Lori

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community