Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

First Magento Site

mikeinspain

Total Posts:  108
Alicante, Spain

Hi everyone

This is my very first ecommerce site let alone one built with magento.  I’m 98% there, so I thought I would throw my hat in the ring so to speak..

http://capitalhairandbeautyspain.com/store/

Would welcome everyone’s appraisal good or bad, but do be constructive.

I also need to say a big big thank you to everyone who has helped me via the forum, especially Vinai Kopp.  This guy helped me enormously..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

IrishC

Total Posts:  89

I think its great.  Really clean and nice and you’ve changed around the default layout completely, which is to be commended, cos its more work that we were willing to take on smile

I thought perhaps the left side of your blue/grey horizontal menu bars at the top looked a little blank and featureless (maybe add in some graphical flair or a feature), but that aside I wouldnt say anything overly critical.  Good work.

Just one question, your delivery is only to spain, so obviously you are a spanish site… so why is all the text in English? smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeinspain

Total Posts:  108
Alicante, Spain

IrishC - 13 November 2008 07:29 AM

I think its great.  Really clean and nice and you’ve changed around the default layout completely, which is to be commended, cos its more work that we were willing to take on smile

I thought perhaps the left side of your blue/grey horizontal menu bars at the top looked a little blank and featureless (maybe add in some graphical flair or a feature), but that aside I wouldnt say anything overly critical.  Good work.

Just one question, your delivery is only to spain, so obviously you are a spanish site… so why is all the text in English? smile

Thanks IrishC I appreciate your comments..  I do agree that some areas look a little boring/bland and certainly something to work on I think..  Any suggestions???? wink

Good question regarding Spain..  grin

There are many expats living in Spain, not just British but also many english speaking expats.  The business is primarily focused on this market, however the local spanish market is not being ignored in any means as there are spanish speaking staff in store.  I believe a spanish section to the store will be added eventually.  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community