Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Paypal no tracking with priacta plugin

AffiliateMotion

Total Posts:  2

Hi there,

I am using magento connector with Post Affiliate Network. One of my clients is using the magento connector but the transactions with paypal are not being tracked. Any ideas what is happening?

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

Some likely possibilities:
1. Have you updated the API file? PayPal tracking has to use the API file.
2. Are Magento and PAP both installed on servers/domains that supports HTTPS connections? The tracking request isn’t sent until PayPal makes the IPN callback. This notification requires Magento to use a secure connection, and in turn, Magento requires PAP to use a secure connection as a result. If a secure connection cannot be made, tracking will fail.
3. Have you checked your settings in PAP? If the settings are wrong, tracking might not work the way you expect.
4. Are clicks being tracked? The sale cannot be tracked unless a click has been tracked for that visitor first. Make sure you click on an affiliate link to get a tracked click.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AffiliateMotion

Total Posts:  2

I have done everything you said but still not working. both servers have https, settings are ok on PAP, API is updated and clicks are tracked.
Sales which are made with COD and CC are tracked, but not paypal. I have to admit that i am puzzled

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

Are you actually completing the PayPal sales? They won’t be tracked until the purchase is completed and the IPN notification is sent. Also, do you have any other modules installed that might have done something with PayPal?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community