Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

test credit card number is not accepted with error “Please enter valid details below”

jasonnardo

Total Posts:  4

I am currently building a magento e-commerce site and I got stuck getting my new payment gateway to work on checkout.

I understand by default magento uses Authorize.net as payment gateway, but I want a different gateway say “Virtual Merchant”.

I managed to add the VIrtual Merchant, but as i was testing it with test credit card number I encounter some validation issues…

and to fix the validation issues i had to insert two lines of code in the page.xml
---------------------------------------------
<action method="addJs"><script>lib/ccard.js</script></action>
---------------------------------------------

BUT, when i try one of the card number it gives out “Please enter valid details below”

A useful tip that I found in the monster that is The Official Magento User Guide, is that there’s an easy way of testing credit card payments in your store. You may not want to use your actual credit card details to test out the shop. You can use dummy card details by entering the following numbers:

Visa: 4111111111111111
MasterCard: 5555555555554444
American Express: 378282246310005

Use any expiration date in the future and as the CVV/CVC/verification code use 123 or 000

File Attachments
complete code.txt  (File Size: 7KB - Downloads: 253)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mrantoniodavid

Total Posts:  35
New Jersey, U.S.

It may be because you are using OneStepCheckout and multiple credit card payment methods are enabled.  The form fields are colliding with each other.

http://www.onestepcheckout.com/wiki/index.php/Credit_card_payments_are_failing_to_validate

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community