Magento Forum

Magento Store Mobile Previewer not working

screenpages

Total Posts:  6
London

Hello,
I’m using Magento version 1.4.0.1.

I installed and created the Mobile App fine in my Admin Panel. The app code created was “defiph1” (iphone). I then installed the Magento Store Mobile (previewer) on my iPhone. I changed the settings to point to my domain name (followed by “xmlconnect") and app code above. But when I relaunched the app I got the following messages “There is an error in loading an app’s configuration” and “There are no items here”.

Has anybody had this problem? How can I debug or fix?

Thanks
Tadhg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

LindyKyaw

Total Posts:  138
Los Angeles

Do you have a chance to look at how-to-setup-preview-blog. When you entered the application url, don’t end the url with slash (/).
The correct one is http://yourmagento.com/xmlconnect
The incorrect one is http://yourmagneto.com/xmlconnect/

Magento Community
Magento Community

screenpages

London

Hello,

Thanks for replying. Yes I followed the blog exactly.

I had a look at the main controller Action.php and I manually set the $appCode to ‘defiph1’. For some reason the cookie is not being set. When I then retried the iPhone App I still got “There is an error in loading an app’s configuration”. But I could see the categories and therefore start shopping. However none of the colour themes or home banner image came through.

If the media/xmlconnect folder permission is not set to 777 could this possibly cause the errors I’m seeing?

We have over 25 Magento clients and we’re growing fast. Many of these are now asking about iPhone and iPad technology. So if we can get this working great!

Many thanks
Tadhg

Magento Community
Magento Community

LindyKyaw

Total Posts:  138
Los Angeles

If media/xmlconnect folders are not wrttiable, there will be an issue in loading application images. From the Admin Panel, did you upload the correct images (banner, logo,...) for the application? You can check the application will work or not by going to http://yourmagento.com/xmlconnect/configuration/index/app_code/your_application_code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

screenpages

London

Hello,
Thanks for your help. We finally resolved the issue! Our Magento is running under Windows IIS and there was a very bizarre rewrite rule issue with “app_code” in the URL.

After looking at the IIS logs we saw that one of the first requests to hit the website is:

www.ourdomain.com/xmlconnect/configuration/index/updated_at/1305797882/app_code/defiph1/screen_size/320x480

It was returning a 404 error which is why I saw the error message on the iPhone.

If I bypassed the rewrite rules and tried:

www.ourdomain.com/index.php/xmlconnect/configuration/index/updated_at/1305797882/app_code/defiph1/screen_size/320x480

And that works! So for now on our iPhone settings the URL is set to www.ourdomain.com/index.php/xmlconnect

So we’re back on track.
Thanks
Tadhg

Magento Community
Magento Community

immhayoung

Total Posts:  5

It is good information regarding Admin panel to Store Mobile. The information website and programming language.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community