Magento Forum

Product Catalog ajax requests filters return wrong HTML

onyxrev

Total Posts:  14

I’ve upgraded my 1.4.2 site to 1.5.1 and am seeing some issues with the Magento admin area’s Product Catalog search. 

Visually the result is nested admin panels and an endlessly spinning loading sign like so:
https://img.skitch.com/20110515-mr1g7wyreg9kxh4astw8b66s5f.png

Behind the scenes I’m seeing the following in the browser:

A POST to:

https://[store name]/index.php/admin/catalog_product/grid/key/e0ac8f8aef005bf90ce3ab71587e4b8f/product_filter/bmFtZT10ZXN0JnByaWNlJTVCY3VycmVuY3klNUQ9VVNE/?ajax=true&isAjax;=true

Returns status 200 and the page’s header HTML embedded in the AJAX response.

Anybody seen this before or have any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

onyxrev

Incidentally, the Order admin grid filters fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

onyxrev

After trying just about everything I went to Cache Management and hit “Flush Cache Storage”, then reindexed my products.  It works now.

It’s always an adventure with Magento…

Magento Community
Magento Community

onyxrev

So I’m a professional web developer here in San Francisco.  I do this stuff every day.  This project just blows my mind.

If the product indexes were incompatible between versions, why did the upgrade script not run a migration?

Yes, I instinctively flushed the cache after the upgrade, but I didn’t flush the ‘storage’ cache because it gave an incredibly vague warning: ”Cache storage may contain additional data. Are you sure that you want flush it?

May contain additional data?  What kind of a message is that?  I would hope it would contain additional data, because otherwise it wouldn’t be very useful, would it?

Oh, and if the index lookup failed, why in god’s name did the backend controller just spit back the site header instead of a table?  Do you guys wrap your lookups in some sort of error handling?  Or do you hope for the best?  Should it at least log something somewhere?  Or maybe display some sort of useful information instead of failing in some ambiguous way?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ee99ee

Total Posts:  11

I am having the exact same problem, but your solution didn’t work for me. Running 1.6.1 here.

-Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community