Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Wierd image behavior - Thumbnails not showing

Ronaldr

Total Posts:  124
California

Hello all,

I’m having trouble with some of the images on my product pages. Particularly the thumbnail images, for some reason they are displaying the default image included for magento. But on the backend all the images show....

Also notable is the main display image, on the product page. the image seems to be slightly larger than it should be. However in the Grid or list view of multiple products it looks fine.

Lastly, The scroll bar below the Main product image on the product page is not displaying for whatever reason, which i could live without but I’d thought I would mention it.

I’ve included some screenshot of the problems below, Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks

NOTE: ALSO WHEN I CLICK ON CACHE MANAGEMENT ON THE BACKEND ONLY A BLANK PAGE DISPLAYS
RELATED PROBLEM ?

I have a seperate thread for Cache Management here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/22874/

Image Attachments
Backend.JPGGridView.JPGProductpage.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I saw that your browser (with the Firebug extensions) is not checking all the page.
Can you enable the firebug extension for your site?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Seba G Gonnelli
Guru

Total Posts:  336

How big are the images you are using?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ronaldr

Total Posts:  124
California

I saw that your browser (with the Firebug extensions) is not checking all the page.
Can you enable the firebug extension for your site?

I’m not sure if I understand you correctly, but yes i can check the page with firebug.

I posted a screenshot below of the thumbnail in a new window, with firebug enabled.

How big are the images you are using?

They are High Resolution images around 300KB in size and 2794 x 1262 was the dimensions for 1 of them

Image Attachments
firebug.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

Seba G Gonnelli
Guru

Total Posts:  336

Can you try using the same image, only reducing it proportionally to a smaller one? (let’s say 1700x768px)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community