Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal integration in Magento ver. 1.5.0.1 - barely documented?! 

ottom

Total Posts:  54

Hello,

I appears astonishing to me that the most sensible area of an online shop - the payment configuration - is barely documented.
I am talking about Configuration --> Sales --> PayPal

When you click on “Get help for this page” you get to this page, which is ridiculous:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/modules_reference/English/Mage_Adminhtml/system_config/edit/paypal

I find barely complete information on the Web, just scattered hints on how this and that function works.
Most magento specific documentation is for older versions like 1.4

Where to find the IPN-options?
What are these SFTP-Settings?
What are the API settings about? For me it works without it - am I missing an important functionality?

Where to find a complete documentation for PayPal integration in Magento ver. 1.5?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TerryBagust

Total Posts:  10

I am having exactley the same problem - I have paypal website pro but I just cant seem to intergrate it with magento 1.5.1.0 i have done everything suggested bar climbing in there with a set of spanners and a hammer.

Followed every guide and hint out there.

A proper set up procedure for paypal for anything older than 1.4.1.0 would be nice - just to get my site working would be nicer of course!

So the questions remains - does anyone have any help for intergrating 1.5.X.X to paypal website pro?

Many thanks in advance

Terry

Magento Community
Magento Community

ottom

Total Posts:  54

Welcome to the club.
In Magento nothing seem to work at once…

By the way: look at point of sale in sites like http://uploaded.to/register?
It looks like a dream and works like a dream!

I have not seen any magento shop which comes close to this implementation!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community