Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Database connection error

somanathbt

Total Posts:  1

Guys i fugured out the solution. It is quite simple.
Just create a database ‘magento’ in mysql console. Thats it problem solved!!!!!

mysql> create database mogneto;

That’s the simple solution for simple problem

Image Attachments
magneto.JPGmagneto.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

npallavi

Total Posts:  7

Dude thats not the fix

Magento Community
Magento Community

jnichel

Total Posts:  8

Seems that some are still having this problem (as was I, which led me here).  I found my answer elsewhere, but wanted to post it here in case it will help others.  I could connect to the remote MySQL server via the command line mysql tool, but web applications (like Magento) could not.  Turns out it was being blocked by SELinux on the web server machine.  For CentOS 6, you can run the command, ‘setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect_db 1’, which will give Apache permission to make the connection.  Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magento Lab

Total Posts:  77
Paris

First thing you need to do is check exception.log. There you will see the cause of your pb. In my case it was simply ‘Access denied for user ‘root’@’localhost’ (using password: NO)’, just forgot to fill in the password.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2