Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Panda V Ecommerce

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Hello

Google panda kicked in about 6 weeks ago and we lost 46.82% of our traffic, Im sure that does not sound a lot to some but we use to get 47000 unique visitors per month, so the update is really hurting us, the reason we are getting hit is not totally clear....

So my question is: Has anyone else been effected by the update and do you think it is because a lot of eCommerce stores copy the content from the makers site, so it is classed a duplicate content?

And if this is the case do you think rewrite the product description will help us get back the traffic we have lost, or do you think that once you have been penalized you can not change it? also do you think its fair that google attacks eCommerce site in the new panda update..

Look forward to other peoples options on this matter..

Regards
dawn

PS

I really do not fancy rewriting the content of 1000 products, but if that will help I have no other choice.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tranhung

Total Posts:  22

lost 46.82% of our traffic => so sad
you can post to: G+, twitter, turlm, facebook.... get trust for your website and traffic smile
công ty thiết kế web adcvietnam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community