Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Searchresult complete array

Daim

Total Posts:  172
Germany

At the moment i work with (Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_List) /app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/list.phtml
When i start a search is in the Object $_productCollection only 5,10,20 or 50 Products .I now because it’s a Filter on the Frontpage that limit the result collection. But i will code a layer navigation for the hole searchresult and i need all founded products in one array. Where i can find this array?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

wdchoi

Total Posts:  20

Hi Daim.

If you launch a simple search, you should go see app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Query.php.

In it you’ll see the getResultCollection() method. This is the one that will return a product collection object (this is not an array, though you can loop in it with a foreach). If you don’t understand how magento collection objects work, ask me.

I hope you don’t have many products, because if you do, loading the entire collection is not a good thing to do. And even if you don’t have many products, performance will be bad. You should try to find other ways to make your navigation.

David

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community