Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Customers edit options after adding product to the cart

pbannette

Total Posts:  2

I have products with up to 12 text input fields/boxes for personalization.
If a customer makes a mistake in any one of the fields, can they edit it after adding to the cart instead of deleting and starting all over again?
Same with drop down, selection fields.
This is a critical/mandatory function for highly personalized products.
Also, can a maxlength be set for text fields and a maxlenght and max rows for text boxes for personalization information?
Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

No, they should not have access to change that information.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pbannette

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
I believe you are misinterpreting the question.
If for example, someone adds a product with the monogram RMF as a text product option, and they meant to have put FMR, then they should have the ability to change it in the cart and not have to delete the product and start all over.
I have up to 15 such fields for a product. The biggest complaint I currently have from customers is that they can’t fix mistakes after adding to the cart. They either abandon the cart or have to start all over, which takes a lot of time.
Carts that allow product options/attributes should have a way for the customer to modify them after adding to the cart.
An example is cs-cart which has this as a standard function. There is a Miva cart add-on for this. Other carts have this function as standard.
Wondering if Magento has this as a basic function or if a module is available.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonmck

Total Posts:  234
Birmingham, AL

I know this is an old thread, but I need the same exact thing.  Is this available in version 1.4.1.1?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community