Magento Forum

Anyone know how to insert the coda slider into the product display and finally be rid of the list/grid view? 

thomasmore

Total Posts:  80

Any help would be appreciated. It’s been driving me nuts, I can’t get it to work at all.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

What coda slider do you have and does it use scriptaculous/prototype?

Magento Community
Magento Community

thomasmore

Total Posts:  80

I am using coda-slider with jquery-1.2.1.pack.js

I’m just not sure how to get the products to display in it, I can get it to work for static blocks but when it has to be called from the DB I have no idea how to get it to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

First of all, jQuery is an added library and it must be possible to start from a script that uses the scriptaculous/prototype javascripts that are already loaded by Magento. Secondly there is a conflict problem between jQuery and Scriptaculous/Prototype when used on the same page. See this thread to get an idea of the issues: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/22699/

I don’t want to put you off since it sounds like you have got jQuery working, but sometimes another script might be the way to go, e.g. carousel.

As for getting the products to display then you may want to work with one of the modules people have put together to show products on the homepage, e.g. luxe_bestsellers. Here you can customise the code to give you the required elements for your coda-slider/carousel/whatever.
All you will need to do is copy your CSS into your stylesheet then wrap the ul items with it by modifying the bestsellers.phtml file. Definitely do-able and you could have a very slick presentation. Let me know what script you decide on (I managed to get a brand browser together with carousel before moving to a ‘dhonishow’ category browser).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community