Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error “State/Province” is a required value. - After upgrade to 1.5.1.0

r2rsquared

Total Posts:  30
Lake Oswego, OR

I upgraded through Magento Connect from 1.4.1.0 to 1.5.1.0.  Everything is fine except the customer record.

1.. When creating or modifying a customer record on the Admin side, the following error occurs on Save:

“State/Province" is a required value

On the frontend, customer creates account with full address details including State.  Upon Save, the following error message occurs:

“State/Province" is a required value.

Here is an image of the error screen:
http://fcpaparts.com/help/newaddress.png

There is basically, no way to enter a new customer into the database except importing a new customer record through the DataFlow Profile in the Admin panel ==> System>Import.DataFlow.

2.  Another old thing is the the Customer Info screen has two lines that I don’t remember being in the 1.4.1.0 version, “Default Billing Address” and “Default Shipping Address” which contain only a reference to the numbered entry.  Here is an image of the screen: http://fcpaparts.com/help/acctinfo.png

I have extensively searched these forums and the web to find someone with a similar problem.  I’m hoping to find someone that has discovered a solution.  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moon101

Total Posts:  3

I’m having the same problem. Did you found a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moon101

Total Posts:  3

I’ve found a solution. Search in the database for the table eav_attribute and change Id=12 (region) from “is required=1” to “is required=0”. That’s all¡¡¡¡.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community