Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
How do I add the navigation? 

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

@mdowdell

Did you solve the problem that you had with navigation?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

projekt11

Total Posts:  4

This bugged me for a while also.

I eventually found I had not set the “Main Website Store” to use the “Default Category” to use the “Root Category”.

If you want to try this then from the admin panel, select system >> manage stores

click the link for “Main Website Store” and from there change the root category to Default category.

Hope this helps someone.

M

Magento Community
Magento Community

beley

Total Posts:  15
LaGrange, GA

silverpenhouse - 14 April 2008 05:19 AM

David, thank you so much.

This issue has been driving me nuts for the last week.

It all makes sense now.

For everyone else who has this problem:

Put the categories that you want to appear on the home page under the “Default Category” category not under “Root Catalog”.

Look at the screen shot to see an illustration of what I am talking about.

Thanks Again David,

Amin

Holy crap! I just spent a half hour trying to figure out why the navigation wasn’t working in my store. Thank you very much for this screenshot and excellent explanation of the solution.

However…

I think this is a very confusing setup. I wonder how many people are having this problem? Might be a good idea to default new categories to be under the default, and give some kind of explanation of the reason in the admin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

postman

Total Posts:  6

i agree with beley - confusing.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2